Claim When planning courses educators should take into account the interests and suggestions of their students Reason Students are more motivated to learn when they are interested in what they are studying Write a response in which you discuss the extent

In order to keep students engaged, educators should take into account the interests and suggestions of their students when planning courses. From personal experience, I can definitively say that as a student, I am more motivated to learn when I am interested in what I am studying. During undergrad, I often chose classes that more aligned with my interests if I could help it. The required courses that were of least interest to me, especially taught in an un-interesting way, were the courses that I struggled with the most.

This concept holds true for both conventional and non-conventional classrooms. For instance, YouTube videos are an increasingly popular way to learn new skills and concepts. In order for a video to do well, the content creator must keep the audience engaged. The videos that have the most views are the ones that keep the viewer watching until the end. In addition, to keep the momentum going on the channel for overall success, the creator must take into account the topics that the viewers are most interested in. This requires extensive research on the demographic that the creator is trying to reach or is currently reaching. These content creators strive to create videos that provide value in a fun or engaging way.

In leadership, it is very important collect feedback and suggestions from teammates in order to foster an environment where everyone feels involved and appreciated – almost everyone wants to feel heard. This holds true in the classroom as well.

Furthermore, it is even possible to teach a topic that may otherwise not be interesting in a way that will keep students intrigued. Let’s say there is a classroom of high school students where the majority are interested in Hip Hop music. Obviously, the educator cannot replace Chemistry class with a full-on Hip-Hop class, but they could introduce the periodic table with a hip-hop style song that makes the elements easier – and more fun – to remember.

The best teachers are often the ones that can teach timeless subjects in a way that relates to the students’ interests. Ever heard the phrase “Find your passion and you’ll never work a day in your life”? Regardless of your opinion on that phrase, it does hold true to some extent and can be applied to this argument.