Collectors prize the ancient life-size clay statues of human figures made on Kali Island but have long wondered how Kalinese artists were able to depict bodies with such realistic precision. Since archaeologists have recently discovered molds of human hea

Collectors prize the ancient life-size clay statues of human figures made on Kali Island but have long wondered how Kalinese artists were able to depict bodies with such realistic precision. Since archaeologists have recently discovered molds of human heads and hands on Kali, we can now conclude that the ancient Kalinese artists used molds of actual bodies, not sculpting tools and techniques, to create these statues. This discovery explains why Kalinese miniature statues were abstract and entirely different in style: molds could be used only for life-size sculptures. It also explains why few ancient Kalinese sculpting tools have been found. In light of this discovery, collectors predict that the life-size sculptures will decrease in value while the miniatures increase in value.
Write a response in which you discuss what questions would need to be answered in order to decide whether the prediction and the argument on which it is based are reasonable. Be sure to explain how the answers to these questions would help to evaluate the prediction.

The author predicts a decline in the value of life – size sculptures found in Kali Island because the author believes that these life – size sculptures are not sculptures, but molds and hence they would be of less value to collectors. The author also believes that the miniatures would increase in value as they are presumed to be authentic sculptures. However, the author’s predictions are based on facts that are quite questionable.

The first question that needs to be answered before any predictions can be made is the veracity of the conclusion that the sculptures found in Kali were molds. The discovery of molds in Kali Island does not mean that every sculpture found in Kali Island is a mold. The author needs to determine if the molds discovered were perhaps an aid for the Kali aritist to help carve detailed and sophisticated sculptures.
Also, the author has to elucidate on how archaeologists makes a distinction between a mold and a sculpture. All these while people had thought that these sculptures are authentic, how do archaeologist now know that what they found was mold and not a sculpture? These questions need to be answered in order to validate the author’s claim.

The author cites the non discovery of scultpure tools as evidence that the statues found in Kali were not sculptures. However, he recognizes the existence of minatures which cannot be made by molds. If these miniatures are not made by molds, then how did Kali artisits make them? What tools did they use? If tools were used, contrary to the authors claim, then the conclusion that the life – size statues in Kali are molds is questionable as there were tools available for sculpture.

Lastly, the author needs to explain how collectors appreciate art items. Even if the items are molds instead of sculptures, how does the author know that such fact would bring down the value of such statues? The author also makes an unwarranted conclusion by predicting that since the value of life – size statues decline, then the value of minature statues would increase. However, the author provides no information to suggest this inverse relationship. Perhaps, collectors may altogether lose interest in all statues of Kali art if they believe that these items may be molds and not authentic statues, including the miniature arts.

The authors argument is rife with inconsistencies which need to be resolved in order to convince its reader of its predictions. The fact that the life – size statue found in Kali are mold is quie debatable based on the facts provided by the author.

Sentence: The authors argument is rife with inconsistencies which need to be resolved in order to convince its reader of its predictions.
Suggestion: author's argument

Sentence: The author needs to determine if the molds discovered were perhaps an aid for the Kali aritist to help carve detailed and sophisticated sculptures.
Error: aritist Suggestion: artist

Sentence: The author cites the non discovery of scultpure tools as evidence that the statues found in Kali were not sculptures.
Error: scultpure Suggestion: sculpture

Sentence: However, he recognizes the existence of minatures which cannot be made by molds.
Error: minatures Suggestion: miniatures

Sentence: If these miniatures are not made by molds, then how did Kali artisits make them?
Error: artisits Suggestion: artists

Sentence: The author also makes an unwarranted conclusion by predicting that since the value of life size statues decline, then the value of minature statues would increase.
Error: minature Suggestion: miniature

Sentence: The fact that the life size statue found in Kali are mold is quie debatable based on the facts provided by the author.
Error: quie Suggestion: quite

argument 1 -- not exactly.

suggested:
it is possible that these molds and statutes weren’t at the same time or period.