The council of Maple Country, concerned about the county's becoming overdeveloped, is debating a proposed measure that would prevent the development of existing farmland in the county. But the council is also concerned that such a restriction, by limiting

The council of Maple Country, concerned about the county's becoming overdeveloped, is debating a proposed measure that would prevent the development of existing farmland in the county. But the council is also concerned that such a restriction, by limiting the supply of new housing, could lead to significant increases in the price of housing in the county. Proponents of the measure note that Chestnut County established a similar measure ten years ago, and its housing prices have increased only modestly since. However, opponents of the measure note that Pine County adopted restrictions on the development of new residential housing fifteen years ago, and its housing prices have since more than doubled. The council currently predicts that the proposed measure, if passed, will result in a significant increase in housing prices in Maple County.

Write a response in which you discuss what questions would need to be answered in order to decide whether the prediction and the argument on which it is based are reasonable. Be sure to explain how the answers to these questions would help to evaluate the prediction.

In the maple country, due to over development council has proposed to prevent the development of existing farmland in the country. In the further section the effects of this restriction on prices of housing is stated. Proponents of the proposal, on the basis of Chestnut Country example are in favor of the proposal. Opponents are considering the example of Pine Country and are opposing the proposal. At the end the current prediction of council is given, according to which proposed measure will lead to increase in housing prices.

Council of Maple country are concerned with the over development of the country and proposed to limit the supply of new housing. Firstly is this the only way to prevent the over development and what are the main reasons for the over development, these questions would have been answered in order to justify the proposed restriction. Council is assuming that by limiting the supply of new housing, will affect the price of housing and prices will increase. The facts and reasons behind the assumptions are not clearly presented in the passage.

Proponents and opponents both are considering the situations which has happened ten and fifteen years ago in the past and there are possibilities that at present the circumstances are different. So examples for their assumption are not in the correct time frame. In Chestnut and Pine countries the population density, geographical structure, demand of new housing, can be different from Maple country. So these conditions would have been clearly stated to make their assumption reasonable. The causes of restrictions on the development of new residential housing can also differs, it might have possible for the protection of harvesting land and to save the land in its natural state, Chestnut and Pine countries had applied the restrictions.

At the end council has predicted that by applying the proposed restriction will increase in housing prices. The reasons and evidence behind the conclusion are not mentioned and the stated examples are proved to be weaken in order to justify the conclusion.Questions like Time frame, present situations of the Chestnut and Pine countries, causes behind the restrictions should be answered to provide strong support to assumptions and conclusion.

Description: The fragment Chestnut Country example is not usually followed by are
Suggestion: Possible agreement error: Replace are with is