The council of Maple County, concerned about the county's becoming overdeveloped, is debating a proposed measure that would prevent the development of existing farmland in the county. But the council is also concerned that such a restriction, by limiting

The council of Maple County, concerned about the county's becoming overdeveloped, is debating a proposed measure that would prevent the development of existing farmland in the county. But the council is also concerned that such a restriction, by limiting the supply of new housing, could lead to significant increases in the price of housing in the county. Proponents of the measure note that Chestnut County established a similar measure ten years ago, and its housing prices have increased only modestly since. However, opponents of the measure note that Pine County adopted restrictions on the development of new residential housing fifteen years ago, and its housing prices have since more than doubled. The council currently predicts that the proposed measure, if passed, will result in a significant increase in housing prices in Maple County.

Write a response in which you discuss what questions would need to be answered in order to decide whether the prediction and the argument on which it is based are reasonable. Be sure to explain how the answers to these questions would help to evaluate the prediction.

With the information provided, the assumptions leading to conclusion remains unfounded. The council of Maple County has predicted that establishing a measure that would limit the supply of new housing will result in a significant increase in housing prices in Maple County. This prediction was made based on the fact that Pine County adopted restrictions on the development of new residential housing fifteen years ago, and its housing prices have since more than doubled. However, author makes a number of unproved assumptions that hamper's reader ability to believe his prediction.If the author was to provide more evidence to support his assumptions, the argument would be much more effective.

The primary assumption underlying author's conclusion is that he has not mentioned anything about overpopulation due to overdevelopment .It might be possible that Maple County has some kind of government regulation which prevents outsider to migrate in the Maple County so there will be no demand of new housing hence due to less demand price can not increase. It is also possible that development in the Maple country is only due to development in existing industry and it will not cause any housing problem in the city. So, to reinforce the argument author should have discussed about the relationship between overdevelopment and population increment. He should have also mentioned about in what form Maple county se developing whether due to new industry or development in the existing industry.

Moreover, the author further assumes that fifteen year ago due to adoption of restrictions on the development of new residential housing, Pine County housing prices have since more than doubled hence it will affect in a same way to Maple County. It might be possible that Pine county does not have any developed neighbor county and large population depends upon economy of Pine County hence housing price is increasing but situation for the Maple County is different from Pine county and Pine is surrounded by developed county so overdevelopment will not attract that much people and the demand of housing will remain same hence no increment in price. So, to reinforce the argument author should have discussed about economical situation of neighboring cities of Maple County.

The author further assumes that Chestnut County observation is not applied for Maple County but he has not mentioned any reason or comparison. It might be possible that Maple county current situation is more or less same as Chestnut County and result of Chestnut County will simulate closely to overdevelopment in the Maple County. So, to reinforce the argument author should have discussed about why he has rejected the observation obtained from Chestnut County and he should have compared their economical and social condition.

To sum up, the author fails to substantiate his conclusion that proposed measure in Maple County will cause increase in housing prices, because he has not given enough reason to support his prediction. He should have discussed about relationship between overdevelopment and population increment, economical situation of neighboring cities of Maple county and reason behind the rejection of observation obtained from Chestnut County.