The following appeared in an article written by Dr. Karp, an anthropologist."Twenty years ago, Dr. Field, a noted anthropologist, visited the island of Tertia and concluded from his observations that children in Tertia were reared by an entire village rat

The following appeared in an article written by Dr. Karp, an anthropologist.

"Twenty years ago, Dr. Field, a noted anthropologist, visited the island of Tertia and concluded from his observations that children in Tertia were reared by an entire village rather than by their own biological parents. However, my recent interviews with children living in the group of islands that includes Tertia show that these children spend much more time talking about their biological parents than about other adults in the village. This research of mine proves that Dr. Field's conclusion about Tertian village culture is invalid and thus that the observation-centered approach to studying cultures is invalid as well. The interview-centered method that my team of graduate students is currently using in Tertia will establish a much more accurate understanding of child-rearing traditions there and in other island cultures."

Write a response in which you examine the stated and/or unstated assumptions of the argument. Be sure to explain how the argument depends on these assumptions and what the implications are for the argument if the assumptions prove unwarranted.

The premise used for the objection to Dr. fiels observation is the interview which author conducted some 20 years later to that study clearly states for the assumption that the current research in is still applicable to the earlier one. Even if we consider that the interview conducted give us the right insight into the study of the culture of that particular group of islands does not neccesarilily invalidates the earlier research. 20 years is along time and people behaviour owing to increasingly modernisation and global influence is ever so changing. Along with the question of wether an interview based study or an obsefvation based study is more relevant can be answered, this argument is based on a flimsy assumptions and will definetly arise more questions than it can answer.

As epr Dr. field observations the children were reared by the entired village does not neccesarily undermines the role of biological parents intimacy and the primary role they would have played naturally. The author assumes that rearing a child by whole village means every person should be involved equally in the growth of chilf both emotionally and physically. While Dr. field do stated that the entire village reared the child, It is impractical to consider that every person wwas envolved equally in every aspect. Let us imagine achild getting attention of every person equally over a period of time say one month. It means according to the author that child will discuss each person of the village and if we consider even a approximately moderate population. It seemingly is not possible. This comes to the other question of myne as to what aspects of the childrens growth where devided among person . If we have to consider the role of entire village being involved then the detalied analysis as to that were the factors considered in that conclusion must be included before we can caome to any sort of conclusion. Like we can think of a situation in which the villagers collectively involved in the rearing of child such preparing food, looking after the protection from wild animals in the night, watching children when they are playing in the outside does not result in an intimacy with the children as with that involved with biological parents which would typically consist of sleeping with them, feeding, making them ready for the school and other day to day activity which requires personal attention.

We see there fore that even if the whole villagers are involved, it does not mean that the child should talk of all the people concerned, as a child is too young to understand what goes behind him and who all are involved and rather would relate to those persons who typically would be spending more time with him.

Now other assumption which is taken by the author is blatantly disregarding the observation method and dogmaticaly calling his own interview method correct. This assumption of his might be wrong as it considers the view point of the child as how he see the world which is colored ny his own perception and thought process rather than a neutral observer looking from the outside yet seeing the bigge picture in totality.

Hence it seems that the argument os based upon a series of flimsy assumptions and that too unlikely and if those assumption can be taken up by the author and verify his stand, is likely to wether well among others.

Sentence: Even if we consider that the interview conducted give us the right insight into the study of the culture of that particular group of islands does not neccesarilily invalidates the earlier research.
Description: A verb, past participle is not usually followed by a verb, base: uninflected present, imperative or infinitive
Suggestion: Refer to conducted and give

Sentence: This assumption of his might be wrong as it considers the view point of the child as how he see the world which is colored ny his own perception and thought process rather than a neutral observer looking from the outside yet seeing the bigge picture in totality.
Description: The fragment he see the is rare
Suggestion: Possible agreement error: Replace see with verb, past tense

Sentence: The premise used for the objection to Dr. fiels observation is the interview which author conducted some 20 years later to that study clearly states for the assumption that the current research in is still applicable to the earlier one.
Error: fiels Suggestion: fields

Error: neccesarilily Suggestion: necessarily

Sentence: 20 years is along time and people behaviour owing to increasingly modernisation and global influence is ever so changing.
Error: modernisation Suggestion: moderation

Sentence: Along with the question of wether an interview based study or an obsefvation based study is more relevant can be answered, this argument is based on a flimsy assumptions and will definetly arise more questions than it can answer.
Error: obsefvation Suggestion: observation
Error: wether Suggestion: No alternate word
Error: definetly Suggestion: definitely

Sentence: As epr Dr. field observations the children were reared by the entired village does not neccesarily undermines the role of biological parents intimacy and the primary role they would have played naturally.
Error: entired Suggestion: No alternate word
Error: neccesarily Suggestion: necessarily
Error: epr Suggestion: per

Sentence: The author assumes that rearing a child by whole village means every person should be involved equally in the growth of chilf both emotionally and physically.
Error: chilf Suggestion: chief

Sentence: While Dr. field do stated that the entire village reared the child, It is impractical to consider that every person wwas envolved equally in every aspect.
Error: envolved Suggestion: No alternate word
Error: wwas Suggestion: was

Sentence: Let us imagine achild getting attention of every person equally over a period of time say one month.
Error: achild Suggestion: child

Sentence: This comes to the other question of myne as to what aspects of the childrens growth where devided among person .
Error: devided Suggestion: decided
Error: myne Suggestion: mine
Error: childrens Suggestion: children

Sentence: If we have to consider the role of entire village being involved then the detalied analysis as to that were the factors considered in that conclusion must be included before we can caome to any sort of conclusion.
Error: detalied Suggestion: detailed
Error: caome Suggestion: came

Sentence: Now other assumption which is taken by the author is blatantly disregarding the observation method and dogmaticaly calling his own interview method correct.
Error: dogmaticaly Suggestion: dogmatic

Error: bigge Suggestion: No alternate word
Error: ny Suggestion: No alternate word

Sentence: Hence it seems that the argument os based upon a series of flimsy assumptions and that too unlikely and if those assumption can be taken up by the author and verify his stand, is likely to wether well among others.
Error: os Suggestion: No alternate word