The argument claims that the commuters using the new subway train is exceeding the transport company's projections. But, the commuters who are using shuttle buses to come to the subway are low because they ride their own vehicles. Therefore, in order to attract more commuters to the shuttle buses, the argument suggests that either the shuttle bus fares should be reduced or the parking price at the subway stations should be increased. The argument manipulates the facts and conveys a distorted view of the situation. The conclusion of the argument relies on the assumptions for which there is no clear evidence. Hence, the argument is weak and has several flaws.

Firstly, the author cannot assume that the reason behind fewer commuters to ride shuttle buses is high bus fares or low parking costs at the subway stations. There might be many reasons as to why the commuters may be driving their own vehicles and not using the shuttle buses. One possible reason might be the risk while riding in shuttle buses, which means there might be many accidents while travelling in shuttle buses. Additionally, the buses may not be in a position to carry many passengers at one go, which was inconvenient for the passengers. Therefore, the commuters might be afraid and so they chose to drive themselves to the stations.

Secondly, increasing the price of the bus fares may not be helpful for some reasons. One is that the people might feel safe to park their vehicles at the station and if the parking costs are increased, there might not be that affective for the people. Hence, increasing the parking costs and reducing the bus fares would not be helpful in attracting the commuters to the shuttle buses.

In conclusion, the argument is flawed due to the above mentioned reasons and is therefore flawed. It could have been considerably strengthened if the argument would have mentioned about the reasons regarding less commuters travelling in buses. In this particular case, without having much information, the argument remains unsubstantiated and open to debate.

Hi,you didn't write well of this essay,main problem:

Total: