The following is a memorandum from the business manager of a television station. - "Over the past year, our late-night news program has devoted increased time to national news and less time to weather and local news. During this time period, most of the c

The following is a memorandum from the business manager of a television station.
-
"Over the past year, our late-night news program has devoted increased time to national news and less time to weather and local news. During this time period, most of the complaints received from viewers were concerned with our station's coverage of weather and local news. In addition, local businesses that used to advertise during our late-night news program have just canceled their advertising contracts with us. Therefore, in order to attract more viewers to the program and to avoid losing any further advertising revenues, we should restore the time devoted to weather and local news to its former level."
-
Write a response in which you discuss what specific evidence is needed to evaluate the argument and explain how the evidence would weaken or strengthen the argument.

In this memorandum, a bold statement regarding the scheduling of a news program is made, based on claims that don't necessarily need to be justified. Let us take a closer look at these claims and find the missing pieces of information that might weaken or strengthen the managers audacious conclusion.

To begin with, the business manager states that during the past year, most complaints received from viewers were concerned with the coverage of the weather and local news. There has however never been any mentioning what exactly these complaints were. It might just be that people who watch the ...

Sentence: Or their might be a new weather anchor that the people don't quite like resulting in these complaints.
Description: A determiner, possessive is not usually followed by a modal auxillary
Suggestion: Refer to their and might

Sentence: If all evidince justifies the claims made, the conclusion made by the business manager to restore the time devoted to weather and local news will prover to be warranted.
Error: evidince Suggestion: evidence

It is on top list:
http://www.testbig.com/essay-categories/gmatgre