The following is a memorandum from the business manager of a television station."Over the past year, our late-night news program has devoted increased time to national news and less time to weather and local news. During this time period, most of the comp

The following is a memorandum from the business manager of a television station.

"Over the past year, our late-night news program has devoted increased time to national news and less time to weather and local news. During this time period, most of the complaints received from viewers were concerned with our station's coverage of weather and local news. In addition, local businesses that used to advertise during our late-night news program have just canceled their advertising contracts with us. Therefore, in order to attract more viewers to the program and to avoid losing any further advertising revenues, we should restore the time devoted to weather and local news to its former level."

The argument claims that there is a decrease in the number of audiences of the television station and revenues they get through advertisements due to their preference of national news over local news. They claim that in order to recapture their audiences they should turn back to their former amount of material included related with local news. Stated in this way the argument reveals examples of leap of faith, poor-reasoning and ill-defined terminology. The conclusion of the argument relies on assumptions for which there is no clear evidence. Hence, the argument is unconvincing and has several ...

Sentence: Hence, the local businesses might prefer this methods such as internet or newspapers.
Description: A determiner/pronoun, singular is not usually followed by a noun, plural, common
Suggestion: Refer to this and methods

It is on top list:
http://www.testbig.com/essay-categories/gmatgre