Governments should offer college and university education free of charge to all students Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the recommendation and explain your reasoning for the position you take In develo

The writer of the issue is of the view that it is an excellent idea if governments pay for the education of all college or university students. Although some exceptions exist, I believe that most of the students should pay for their education on their own or with the help of their parents.

First off, if students don't strive to pay for their education fee, they won't appreciate it. When governments don't offer education free of charge, the students should work independently to pay for the payment, borrow money from others, or want their parents to pay for it. In all three cases, students know that the money isn't earned without effort, and indirectly they will learn to manage their costs and expenses. Besides, they would always be aware of the amount of money spent to continue their education while in the other case they would remain incognizant. Therefore, students will seize their opportunity to study, try hard to achieve success, and take advantage of this chance. In conclusion, I think allocating this accessible facility to students makes it worthless.

Secondly, with increasing the number of students studying at colleges and universities in different courses, governments can't afford it. With the development of technology, the number of students is increasing every day. In addition, announcing the offer will encourage many youngsters to start education. On the other hand, every student imposes high costs on the government for food, educational stuff, payment to professors, energy consumption, and office staff. Hence, this plan requires a significant funding resource that I think can't be easily found in different places around the world, and if it can, governments should pay the money for more important goals. In summary, due to the increasing number of students and the high costs of each student, governments shouldn't offer education free of charge in colleges and universities for all students.

However, my disagreement with the statement only holds if some exceptions are considered. As all of us know, a lot of talented students are born at a poor financial level. Whatever their financial status is, all people should be able to continue their education and should not be deprived of studying. Hence, I think that governments should always offer to pay for those students' education fees. In addition to this case, there should be the possibility of funding for all the top students in a country. This is the approach that all the developed countries take. With this offer, students always will be encouraged to study more to get higher marks and the scientific progress of the society increases.

To wrap it up, paying for the education fees of all students can make them unmotivated and imposes high costs to governments. Although I can't entirely agree with the statement that governments should pay for the education of all students in colleges and universities for two explained reasons, I believe in some cases, like low-income families or top students in a country, they should ultimately pay for it.