The increasingly rapid pace of life today causes more problems than it solves Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement and explain your reasoning for the position you take In developing and support

The increasingly rapid pace of life today causes more problems than it solves.
Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement and explain your reasoning for the position you take. In developing and supporting your position, you should consider ways in which the statement might or might not hold true and explain how these considerations shape your position.

Science and technology has revolutionized the face of mankind. Technological innovations, inventions and discoveries have evolved from their natal state in the Iron Age to the 21st century today. This has paved the way for a very luxurious lifestyle for man and has led to an increased and more comfortable pace of life. Though it may have seemingly solved many arduous tasks in our day-to-day life, in reality, it causes many problems today.

Today, man has no time for anyone except for himself. He is so busy and pre-occupied with his work and life that he has started ignoring his family too. This rapid pace of life has made him a workaholic and is responsible for having affected many a family relations. Statistics reveal that this is the primary reason for the increase in the divorce rates. Everyone is leading a mechanical life being nonchalant about one’s own household.

In this age of cut-throat competition, Charles Darwin’s ‘the survival of the fittest’ theory holds true. Today, man wishes to accomplish his desires by hook or crook. Everyone wants to excel and be the best that no one is bothered about the repercussions his actions can have on him and the society. This has led to deterioration in the moral values and ethics especially in workplaces.

Happiness and contentment with one’s work have taken a back-seat in the peregrination of life. Man has fallen into an abysmal chasm of avarice striving for more money, success and fame. He sees nothing beyond that. One should be passionate but not to the extent that he is even driven to commit suicide if he doesn’t achieve the desired goals. The life in the older times when there weren’t as many opportunities or a slower pace of life had helped people to live happily. But today man is doomed and trapped in his own pit to achieve success that he has forgotten how to smile and enjoy the nuances of life.

It has become difficult and onerous for man to manage the rapid pace of life. He is so much burdened with responsibilities and worries that even perfunctory tasks have become difficult for him to perform. He expects and desires only for success that he will not be able to countenance failures in his life. Hence he may face psychosomatic disorders which further hurl him downhill.

The luxurious lifestyle and the pace of life have caused many environmental problems too. High-end vehicles have replaced the horse buggies and the bullock carts. This traffic and vehicle congestion on the roads has increased the rate of pollution which leads to more number of problems. People are suffering from respiratory ailments, diseases etc affecting their health. The climate change and global warming will have long-term effects for the future generations too.

The victuals consumed by people are also having a bad effect on them. New preservatives, flavoring agents have adulterated today’s food. Tin Packaged items and junk food have made the people obese causing diabetes and other diseases. People are so busy with their lives that they have resorted to fast food and junk fried items thereby staying away from healthy food. This has caused long-term problems.

Everything is automated in today’s world. People have become very much dependent on technology and machines for their survival. They get everything at their beck and call that they have become sluggards since the manual labor is at a minimum nowadays. The day is not far away when automated robots will replace men.

The life of mankind is changing at a rapid pace. This increasingly rapid pace of life today causes more problems than it solves. Hence one should take care that the problems caused by this rapid pace are solved first for life is short!

No. of Words: 627 350 (Write the essay in half an hour)
Number of Paragraphs: 9 5 (Better to have 5 paras:

para 1: my opinion.
para 2: reason 1
para 3: reason 2
para 4: reason 3
para 5: conclusion