Learning is primarily a matter of personal discipline students cannot be motivated by school or college alone Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement and explain your reasoning for the position yo

Learning is primarily a matter of personal discipline; students cannot be motivated by school or college alone.

Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement and explain your reasoning for the position you take. In developing and supporting your position, you should consider ways in which the statement might or might not hold true and explain how these considerations shape your position.

The statement given implies that in any kind of learning whether it is sports, education or something else, the person who wants to learn must have some strong will, persistence and other personal discipline abilities and learner cannot be motivated by motivations by his or her school or colleges alone. As the statement is a factual truth itself and there are plenty of real life examples that can be seen in every field of learning, so i would prefer to agree with it.

Firstly, as a matter of fact in any kind of field things like hard work, persistence is mandatory to enthrall the success. For instance, in field of education every student is not the same and not everyone gets pure erudite. There are some students have great hunger of knowledge and they just give their hundred percent to learning and show persistence in their learning, but other reluctantly learn who definitely don't get success. So such a simple example shows that self-discipline is must in learning fields.

Similarly, some students do have the ability to persist learning, but they haven’t given proper motivation and they fail to achieve what they want. For example, some students are neglected in schools by teachers for their outside physical impression like a student who is interested much in sports and not in studies, but such student might have great potential in studies also. If these students are motivated properly by their parents or some other people then they can perform great in both sports and studies also. Therefore, motivation plays an important role in learning process and some students really need properly motivated.

On the other hand, the schools or colleges sometimes also play major role in helping and motivating a student for learning.A better example would be of students who are neglected by their parents. Some parents don't care much their child’s school or college and they just blindly believe on the schools and colleges to take care of student’s studies. In such cases the schools and colleges do have great responsibility to motivate the student and lead him to good learning habits. So sometimes depending on type of student the schools and colleges also play important role in motivation.

On conclusion, the learning is surely the matter of self-discipline in most of the cases. The schools and colleges do play their role in motivation depending on the situation of the student, but even with the greatest motivations it is on the student that how much he or she gets influenced by motivation for learning.