A nation should require all its students to study the same national curriculum until they enter college rather than allow schools in different parts of the nation to determine which academic courses to offer.

Some argue that students should study the same national curriculum until college instead of studying different version of curriculum. I fundamentally agree with the assertion that students should not limited to the same national curriculum.

To begin with, with the same national curriculum, students are able to have the resemble level of study. Because of studying the same curriculum, students are prone to at the same level and the nation easily enhance the level of average via the curriculum it set. In addition, the book merchants won't begin a bad competition because the students of the nation are required to use the same version of books. In this way, the teachers who used to decide the version for students won't be vexed or bribed by the merchants.

However, the same national curriculum may cause some problems which might outweigh the benefits it has. First, the quality of the books for students is a crucial factor that will influence the whole students of the nation and students might be forced to study the helpless version. Because of the only one version, teachers are unable to judge the quality with the comparison to other versions and decide to switch to the better version as before. Second, the nation might lose various areas of experts since the nation implemented the same curriculum which contributes to lots of people who excel in the same area. Finally, the students might be controlled because the curriculum is set by the government. More and more people in the nation are going to lose the ability to think independently and unable to keep pace with the versatile world. For example, the people in the North Korea are limited to the same curriculum which is set by their president in order to behave people.

In sum, requiring students to study the same curriculum might be benefit in some viewpoints, however, it also cause some serious problems which might impair the nation. Therefore, I am of the opinion that students should not be coerced to study the same curriculum until college in order to acquire different areas of knowledge and solve different problems in different angles.