Over the past year, our late-night news program has devoted increased time to national news and less time to weather and local news. During this period, most of the complaints received from viewers were concerned with our station's coverage of weather and

Over the past year, our late-night news program has devoted increased time to national news and less time to weather and local news. During this period, most of the complaints received from viewers were concerned with our station's coverage of weather and local news. In addition, local businesses that used to advertise during our late-night news program have canceled their advertising contracts with us. Therefore, in order to attract more viewers to our news programs and to avoid losing any further advertising revenues, we should expand our coverage of weather and local news on all our news programs.

The argument is based on time duration alloted to weather and local news in comparison to national news during late-night news program hours.The argument states that over the duration of one year, national news are getting more bandwidth than weather and local news. The effect of this, author cites that majority of the complaints recieved were received were primarily focussed on the limited coverage given to weather and local news. The author derives a conclusion that to attract more viewers, the time alloted to weather and local news should be restored back to earlier duration. Though the message the argument tries to convey is conspicuous, the presentation renders it unconvincing. Lack of supporting evidences makes the argument questionable.

The argument claims that late-night news prgram has undergone a change in allotment of time duration to national and weather and local news over the past year. The author has not stated any particular reason for this change. He has not stated the motive behind this change. Perhaps, there were complaints earlier from some viewers to focus less on weather and local news and more on national news which made the program to make changes in the bandwidth allocation.

The author then provides an evidence that most of the complaints were recieved in the year after implementation concerning with stations coverage of weather and local news. The eidence seems to be weak as the author fails to mention description of the complaints. The complaints may be to improve their existing weather and local news by incorporating new ways to make it more alluring. The cancellation in advertising contracts may be due to this fact of dull appearance of weather and local news.

The author believes that restoring the earlier bandwidth to weather and local news would solve the problem. However, author does not take into consideration that by enhancing existing news with innovative ideas would also help in solving this problem.Perhaps by modifying the news program structure by maintaining the existing bandwidth, replacing existing news reporters with more experienced news reporters having eloquent style in thier presentation which would appeal more people to watch the news program.

To conclude, the argument lacks information and seem to lie on irrational assumption, hence it starts unconvincing. The solution proposed by author seems tenuous due to lack of supporting evidences. So the argument is not cogent. The author must have given more concrete evidences to substantiate his viewpoints.

Sentence: The effect of this, author cites that majority of the complaints recieved were received were primarily focussed on the limited coverage given to weather and local news.
Error: recieved Suggestion: received

Sentence: The author then provides an evidence that most of the complaints were recieved in the year after implementation concerning with stations coverage of weather and local news.
Error: recieved Suggestion: received

Sentence: The eidence seems to be weak as the author fails to mention description of the complaints.
Error: eidence Suggestion: evidence