As people rely more and more on technology to solve problems, the ability of humans to think for themselves will surely deteriorate.

I strongly agree with the assertion that people are unable to think for themselves to solve problems with the advent of the technology. As a modern man, some examples can be presented to illustrate my point of view.

For instance, it is more and more ubiquitous to have at least one computer in everybody's home, not only can we use the computer for entertainment, but also search for the answers for our homework instead of trying to resolve problems by ourselves. By having a computer, the life is becoming more convenient and requires less effort to think by ourselves. Besides, every time I doubt the quality of the goods I want to buy, I always go surfing the internet and try to figure out from the comments that the experienced users left without judging the merchandise rationally on my own.

An even more striking example can be found in the daily life. The widespread of intelligent mobile phones. Every time my friends and I encounter some problems outside, like get lost, the first thing comes to our mind is not going to the convenience store and buying a map in order to figure out the right direction, we take out our mobile phones and open the GPS for instead. I was wondering what if we get lost and don't carry any intelligent devices? Are we able to use our own wisdom to get away from the predicament?

With the examples I presented above, I believe that the more we rely on technology, the more it deteriorates our abilities to think. In sum, the progress of the technology does help us to deal with problems in an efficient way, but it does also weaken our abilities to think ourselves.

read this link to know Sentence Length SD:
http://www.testbig.com/question/questions-about-essay-e-rater