People's behavior is largely determined by forces not of their own making.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement and explain your reasoning for the position you take. In developing and supporting

People's behavior is largely determined by forces not of their own making.

Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement and explain your reasoning for the position you take. In developing and supporting your position, you should consider ways in which the statement might or might not hold true and explain how these considerations shape your position.

Human beings' behaviors are ultimately determined by their own appraisal - the introspection about the environment as well as their available resources, which in turn is the basic of their thought being translated into their behaviors; thus it is the combination of the outside forces and one's own personality deciding the final actions. Although environmental forces are important in forming a behaviors, I do disagree which the above statement, in which environmental forces are favored over one's own making in this process.

It is true that environment has a role in forming one's behaviors but it is not the only one or necessary the most important factor forming the basis of behaviors, sometimes environmental forces are too overwhelming that it becomes dominating factors but in most of the times, one's own personality takes over. The former scenario can be seen when most woman, being betrayed by the loved ones, gives the betrayer a slash by their best. This behavior in one side is provoked the overwhelming emotion and on the other side, by the influence of movies when this behavior is repeated and becomes a sort of standard. Both being betrayed and movies' influence are all environmental forces which contributes most to such behavior.

However, the fact that different people are unlikely to behave in similar manner in same situation which exerts the same forces on human indicates the significant and dominating role of personality in behavior formation. For instance, observing a moderately immoral behaviors such as children abuse provokes similar emotional animosity, but the effect stops at the emotion and thought level only - some may choose to intervene and speak out the vices while for others, silence is golden.

Even, when one makes an decision based on the other else advances or recommendations, it is also his or her own choice earlier on which people are going to be trusted and if many options of behaviors are presented, one who conducts the action is the one giving the final decision. Thus, early on or later, one's behaviors can be largely determined by one own making.

In conclusion, the environmental forces are important in people's behaviors, in most of the case, however one's own making is as least as essential as forces.

Better to put more contents to get higher marks. For issue essays, around 450 words, for argument essays, around 400 words.