The primary goal of technological advancement should be to increase people s efficiency so that they have more leisure time Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement and explain your reasoning for t

The primary goal of technological advancement should be to increase people's efficiency so that they have more leisure time.

Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement and explain your reasoning for the position you take. In developing and supporting your position, you should consider ways in which the statement might or might not hold true and explain how these considerations shape your position.

Technological advancements exist in this world, in order to ease our work and aid us in all our endeavors. But this does not imply that, the sole aim of techological advancement is to ensure leisure time for people. Because, in today's competitive world, people hardly find any leisure time regarded as 'leisure' for enjoyment; because, they get caught up in some work or the other, no one really enjoys leisure time. Thus, technological development acts as a substitute for our potential, rather than improving our intellectual potential.

First of all, technological devices prevents us from doing monotonous work. For instance, in today's modernized world, a day without washing machines, mixies and wet grinders will not be even thinkable for women. This is because, these devices have gone a long way, in aiding the household women's day-to-day work. As a result, women tend to concentrate in their professional work or spend more time with their wards. Definitely, they do not remain idle getting ample amount of leisure time. Had there been no such devices, then women will not find any time to do their own personal work. Thus, technical advancements averts us from doing useless work and converges our attention in performing useful work.

Additionally, people's efficiency is not increased by the technological advancements. Instead, they somehow decrease people's potential and their cogitative abilities. Consequently, the concept of 'thinking out of the box' is completely forgotten in the process of using technical devices. For instance, today's children tend to use calculators, even when encountered with a petty calculation. In days of yore, people were able to do mind calculations and it helped a lot in their professional life. But today's kids lack this ability and hence the scientific device - calculator - has marred their actuarial ability. Also, the trend of letter-writing has almost been completely eroded with the advent of e-mails. This advancement, instead of enhancing our writing skills, has indeed gone a long way to reduce our craving for vocabulary and the art of writing structured sentences. Because, many e-mail editors have spell check features, people rarely give importance to spellings and the words they use. Therefore, technological advancements have marred our skills to an extent.

Furthermore, people do not always get leisure time, to pursue their hobbies. Indeed, 'hobby' is a word, which has almost lost significance, in today's competitive world. Since everyone are money-minded, they have urge to reach the pinnacle of success, in the shortest time possible. Hence, people try arduously, to make as much money as possible. Therefore, they do not even spare the leisure time. Scientists all over the world compete with each other, to make people's live still more easier. This zeal for inventing new things will go on and on, because there is no limit to which people can be comforted. The standing example for this fact, is that of robotics which is seeing a huge leap in terms of development, every year. Even, there has arisen a new field, through which we can get things done, even when we are thinking of them - such a promising field is 'ubiquitous computing' which is still in its incipient stages. On the whole, technological developments do not stop us and make us relax in the luxuries they provide; instead they goad us, to make use of the available time as much as possible.

Some may argue that technological developments, increase people's efficiency. However, no machine can equal man's knowledge and "machines are man's slaves; not his masters". Therefore, only the machines have to come closer to the efficiency level of man. Also, the leisure time, provided by the advancements is only superficial. In reality, people get to do alternative work, which will make their life beneficial.

Thus, technological advancements prevents us from doing tedious work and eases our lives. They urge us to find still more exciting inventions. But, they do affect the creative skills of people and affect their thinking ability. However, technology has multiple goals to satisfy, rather than primarily increasing people's efficiency or providing leisure time. As time goes on, the world will witness new inventions; there is absolutely no limit to which, the potential of humans can be utilized to invent new devices. Therefore, technical advancements will continue to keep people busy, inspite of they easing the people's lives.

Sentence: First of all, technological devices prevents us from doing monotonous work.
Description: The fragment devices prevents us is rare
Suggestion: Possible agreement error: Replace prevents with verb, base: uninflected present, imperative or infinitive

Sentence: Since everyone are money-minded, they have urge to reach the pinnacle of success, in the shortest time possible.
Description: A pronoun, nominal is not usually followed by a verb 'to be', present tense, 2nd person singular or all
Suggestion: Refer to everyone and are

Sentence: Thus, technological advancements prevents us from doing tedious work and eases our lives.
Description: The fragment advancements prevents us is rare

Sentence: Therefore, technical advancements will continue to keep people busy, inspite of they easing the people's lives.
Description: The token of is not usually followed by a pronoun, personal, nominative, not 3rd person singular
Suggestion: Refer to of and they

Sentence: But this does not imply that, the sole aim of techological advancement is to ensure leisure time for people.
Error: techological Suggestion: technological

Sentence: For instance, in today's modernized world, a day without washing machines, mixies and wet grinders will not be even thinkable for women.
Error: mixies Suggestion: mixes

Sentence: Therefore, technological advancements have marred our skills to an extent.
Error: marred Suggestion: married