Many people think that it is each individual’s responsibility to preserve the natural environment. On the contrary, some believe that preserving the natural environment is the responsibility of the government. I agree with the former group of people and would like to refute the latter one. The latter group of people who feel that it is not their responsibility to preserve the natural environment, think that this issue has to be under the control of the government and not under that of the individuals. I feel that nature is our home, and we individuals have to take up the responsibility to preserve out natural environment.

Firstly, I believe in having faith in myself. Each person should be able to perform his own work rather depend on others. In the same way, the responsibility of preserving nature should be taken up by each individual, rather by the government. I think that nature is our home, and we humans are the only persons in the universe who has been given such a beautiful natural environment to live in. Therefore, each of should step forward and clean the environment and preserve it. As we clean up our home ourselves and does not depend on others to clean our home, similarly, nature is our home. And we should depend on the government to preserve the nature. Moreover, if one starts by taking small responsibility to help in preserving nature, then naturally our other fellow human beings will join us in doing this noble deed. For instance, if I start preserving the environment by indulging in small things such as switching off electrical appliances when not in use, planting trees, saving water etc, then it is natural that those who live with me also learn from me and join me in preserving the natural environment.

Secondly, nature and human are interdependent on each other. We humans depend on nature and nature depends on us in exchanging gases CO2 and O2. Human beings dependence on environment is a vast criterion. For every single thing, we take the help of our environment such as we depend on seasons like rain for agriculture, we depend on nature for food etc. therefore, it is each individual’s responsibility to preserve nature and not that of the government’s.

As some people think that it is government’s responsibility to preserve the nature, I don’t agree with it. What measures can the government make to help in preserving the nature? They cannot come in our home to switch off the appliances or to plant trees. Neither can they check each individual’s vehicles to control the pollution system. Preserving the natural environment is not a small issue, it concerned to each and every individual. Hence, I feel every individual should work on it, and should not depend on the government.

While there are arguments made on both the side of the statement, I completely agree that the responsibility of preserving the environment lies with each individual and with the government. By stating reasons and supporting it with clear examples, I have made my points that I agree with the former group of people.