Some people believe that in order to be effective, political leaders must yield to public opinion and abandon principle for the sake of compromise. Others believe that the most essential quality of an effective leader is the ability to remain consistently

Some people believe that in order to be effective, political leaders must yield to public opinion and abandon principle for the sake of compromise. Others believe that the most essential quality of an effective leader is the ability to remain consistently committed to particular principles and objectives.

Political leaders have a great responsibility for the welfare of society. So it is essential for a leader to be effective. Here question arises what is meant by an effective leader? An effective leader is that who carefully listen and examined the public opinion, and then prudently decides the strategies and plans and implemented them accordingly.

According to the argument some people believe that commitment with principles and objectives should be the quality of great leaders. In order to be an effective leader, this virtue is undoubtedly essential. But political leaders should not be dictatorial and govern the country according to their own rules. Dictatorial behavior of a leader brings disaster to democracy . For example Hitler's supremacist and racially motivated policies resulted in the systematic murder of eleven million people, including an estimated six million Jews.

So political leaders should follow certain principles but they should incorporate public opinions in their decisions. In a democratic nation, general public have right to express their thoughts and views. People have rights to question the policies of a leader if they feel that they are not appropriate. So political leaders should consider public opinions and make their judgements accordingly without hindering their principles.

To be an effective leader, it is necessary that political leader should always keep in mind certain objectives. What should be these objectives are and what is the purpose of these objectives? All these questionable premises have only one object and purpose that is welfare of the people. Leaders should always plan their objectives and decide their strategies for the overall growth and advancement of the nation.

As conclusion, a political leader should consider the public opinion in their decisions and work accordingly without compromising their principles. It is not necessary that people's opinion should be always considered because sometimes people's suggestions are indicating their own personal interests, but they are not justifiable in the context of whole country. So political leader tactfully decides their objectives and work accordingly.

Sentence: An effective leader is that who carefully listen and examined the public opinion, and then prudently decides the strategies and plans and implemented them accordingly.
Description: A conjunction, subordinating is not usually followed by a WH-pronoun, nominative
Suggestion: Refer to that and who
Description: The fragment and implemented them is rare
Suggestion: Possible agreement error: Replace implemented with verb, base: uninflected present, imperative or infinitive