To understand the most important characteristics of a society, one must study its major cities.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement and explain your reasoning for the position you take. In deve

To understand the most important characteristics of a society, one must study its major cities.
Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement and explain your reasoning for the position you take. In developing and supporting your position, you should consider ways in which the statement might or might not hold true and explain how these considerations shape your position.

A society can be stated as a place where several communities, or different groups of people grow and live together, exchange their religious beliefs, traditions and other ideas benevolent for their growth. Though, to some extent, a society can be understood through studying its major cities, but to study the most important characteristics of it, major cities are not the place to go.

Major cities are generally developed, keeping the economics in mind. These places are epicenters for trading, tourism, entertainment etc. so preserving the culture of the society is not on its priority list. There is altogether a new world in the cities as people from diverse backgrounds come and live here. This in turn, definitely alters the characteristics of the society. For example, in New delhi, there is a whole section of the city just for the Muslims, there is a separate district for the Punjabis and so on. so their is a change in culture of the city after every 50 km.

Another example would be, University of California, Berkeley. It is situated in California, one of the major cities of USA. It attracts students from all round the globe. Hence, there is a vast variation in culture in the city. So anyone wanting to study the American or more specifically californian culture, can ferret for better options elsewhere.

The better option would be to choose those places which are immutable to time, circumstances, industrialization etc. The only place satisfying this criteria is the village. village reflects the true identity of a society. The veneration people have for their culture is simply unmatched by the city people. The temples, old buildings and monuments which are very important for the study of a society are given more importance here than a Movie hall or a McDonalds. Moreover, not many people from other cities migrate here so the society here is unadulterated with tits and bits of other society.

In conclusion, the author can choose better places to study the society. While cities can give information about some aspects of the society, greater details can only be found in the villages which are unhampered by time.

Sentence: For example, in New delhi, there is a whole section of the city just for the Muslims, there is a separate district for the Punjabis and so on. so their is a change in culture of the city after every 50 km.
Description: The tag a determiner, possessive is not usually followed by is
Suggestion: Refer to their and is