Young people should be encouraged to pursue long-term, realistic goals rather than seek immediate fame and recognition.
Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the recommendation and explain your reasoning for the position you take. In developing and supporting your position, describe specific circumstances in which adopting the recommendation would or would not be advantageous and explain how these examples shape your position.
The end justifys the means; so they say. Irrespective of whatever path youths take to achieve success whether by immediate fame and recognition or through long term realistic goals, the important thing is that they are able to achieve success in their various fields.
Fame begets fame. The moment one is famous for his handiwork, such a fellow has established a good fan base among society which is good encouragement to such a fellow. It is left for the individual to channel his newly achieved fame positively, by working harder to improve on his/her skills to get even better at their professio...
Subscribe as testbig VIP readers and get unlimited access to essays on the top list.
- Claim: We can usually learn much more from people whose views we share than from those whose views contradict our own.Reason: Disagreement can cause stress and inhibit learning.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagre 90
- The following appeared in a memo from the new vice president of Sartorian, a company that manufactures men's clothing."Five years ago, at a time when we had difficulty obtaining reliable supplies of high-quality wool fabric, we discontinued production of 82
- The following report appeared in the newsletter of the West Meria Public Health Council."An innovative treatment has come to our attention that promises to significantly reduce absenteeism in our schools and workplaces. A study reports that in nearby East 80
- Evidence suggests that academic honor codes, which call for students to agree not to cheat in their academic endeavors and to notify a faculty member if they suspect that others have cheated, are far more successful than are other methods at deterring che 83
- The following appeared in an editorial in a local newspaper."Commuters complain that increased rush-hour traffic on Blue Highway between the suburbs and the city center has doubled their commuting time. The favored proposal of the motorists' lobby is to w 97
Sentence: This is the case with prodigy singers like Justin Beiber whose advent of stardom went on to bring out more of his artisitic talent.
Error: artisitic Suggestion: artistic
It is on top list:
Attribute Value Ideal
Score: 5.5 out of 6
Category: Excellent Excellent
No. of Grammatical Errors: 0 2
No. of Spelling Errors: 1 2
No. of Sentences: 25 15
No. of Words: 481 350
No. of Characters: 2240 1500
No. of Different Words: 240 200
Fourth Root of Number of Words: 4.683 4.7
Average Word Length: 4.657 4.6
Word Length SD: 2.461 2.4
No. of Words greater than 5 chars: 152 100
No. of Words greater than 6 chars: 104 80
No. of Words greater than 7 chars: 55 40
No. of Words greater than 8 chars: 38 20
Use of Passive Voice (%): 0 0
Avg. Sentence Length: 19.24 21.0
Sentence Length SD: 11.254 7.5
Use of Discourse Markers (%): 0.44 0.12
Sentence-Text Coherence: 0.264 0.35
Sentence-Para Coherence: 0.448 0.50
Sentence-Sentence Coherence: 0.088 0.07
Number of Paragraphs: 5 5