Essay topics: 1. In order for any work of art — for example, a film, a novel, a poem, or a song — to have merit, it must be understandable to most people.
Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement and explain your reasoning for the position you take. In developing and supporting your position, you should consider ways in which the statement might or might not hold true and explain how these considerations shape your position
The author of prompt has purposed that the best type of artwork is the one which is comprehensible by most people. This is a claim with which I mostly do concur. Among the countless reasons backing my perspective, I would list the most conspicuous ones in what follows.
The first striking reason which should be considered is that the art is the common language of communication. Indeed, it is an international language which aids the people from various nationalities, belief, intelligence, or even age range to communicate and interact with each other. This fact is also verified by a recently conducted study in my country. According to this noteworthy, intelligible study, painting_ as a one form of art work_ is understandable by a two-year-old kid. At this age range, meanwhile, the learned vocabulary capacity of a kid is approximately three hundred words, which is paucity for convenient communication, he can use paint to convey his propose and feeling. Or in the past, while people who lived in the cave did not have the communication language, they used the painting in caves as a mean of transferring their purpose. So, keeping art simpler is a way that everyone can understand and use it, it will be an easier way of interaction among the people.
Another noteworthy reason which should be highlighted is that the artwork is one of the methods of informing about the cultural value. In other words, the cultural importance and belief shape the citizens' idea, and this idea is the base of performing artistic work differently in varied locations. Therefore, the studying of artwork specified to a specific region could be a method for knowing about the place. in this scenario, as long as the contents of the works are abstract and easy to understand, the more data and information would be transferred to the audience. An instance which can shed a spotlight on the issue is the stranger tourists who visit different countries. Although they do not have the knowledge over their visited places' native language; they get familiar with those places by visiting the museums and art galleries. Since by this action, they could get some background by visiting the artwork and without learning the native language. Consequently, as the arts keep simple and generally understandable, more data can be presented to the foreigner.
However, the aforesaid reasons should not be overgeneralized, especially by the consideration of the simplification effect on the artistic values of artwork. In fact, an art beyond its abstraction is so complicated and can be categorized in the different genera and styles, each of which has a unique and distinguishable feature. In this case, by keeping the artworks in its low level to make it understandable for entire people can negatively influence its artistic value. For example, if an artist of Renaissance style tries to make his work so simple, he has completely worked against the style's principle; and that work cannot be grouped in the Renaissance art.
To wrap it up, all the aforementioned reasons explicitly depict that the artwork should be kept simple. As art is a communication substance and conveys the cultural value. However, this abstraction should not shed shadow on the artistic values or work; otherwise, entire artistic works get peal and identical, which is against the spirit of creativity at the artwork.
|Post date||Users||Rates||More about the essay|
|1 week 1 day ago||Darwin||50||Read full essay|
|2 weeks 8 hours ago||shoeb_athar||83||Read full essay|
|3 weeks 3 days ago||Smruti Shah||79||Read full essay|
|2 months 2 hours ago||marco.b||50||Read full essay|
|2 months 3 days ago||orlando23||62||Read full essay|
|2 months 1 week ago||Qwe||50||Read full essay|
|2 months 3 weeks ago||shiki||66||Read full essay|
|3 months 12 hours ago||kartik_a||50||Read full essay|
|3 months 12 hours ago||kartik_a||58||Read full essay|
|5 months 2 weeks ago||AMARDEEP KOUR GEDHU||58||Read full essay|
- 17.The following appeared in a memo from the director of a large group of hospitals."In a laboratory study of liquid antibacterial hand soaps, a concentrated solution of UltraClean produced a 40 percent greater reduction in the bacteria population th (58)
- The following appeared in a letter from a firm providing investment advice to a client."Homes in the northeastern United States, where winters are typically cold, have traditionally used oil as their major fuel for heating. Last year that region expe (54)
- 1.The main benefit of the study of history is to dispel the illusion that people living now are significantly different from people who lived in earlier times.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the stateme (50)
- The following appeared in a memo from the president of Bower Builders, a company that constructs new homes."A nationwide survey reveals that the two most-desired home features are a large family room and a large, well-appointed kitchen. A number of h (58)
- . Many important discoveries or creations are accidental: it is usually while seeking the answer to one question that we come across the answer to another.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement a (66)
- 14.The following appeared in a memo from the vice president of marketing at Dura-Sock, Inc."A recent study of our customers suggests that our company is wasting the money it spends on its patented Endure manufacturing process, which ensures that our (60)
- 1.In order for any work of art — for example, a film, a novel, a poem, or a song — to have merit, it must be understandable to most people.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement and explain y (58)
- The following appeared in an editorial in a business magazine."Although the sales of Whirlwind video games have declined over the past two years, a recent survey of video-game players suggests that this sales trend is about to be reversed. The survey (44)
- 1.The effectiveness of a country's leaders is best measured by examining the well-being of that country's citizens.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement and explain your reasoning for (66)
- Humans arrived in the Kaliko Islands about 7,000 years ago, and within 3,000 years most of the large mammal species that had lived in the forests of the Kaliko Islands had become. Yet humans cannot have been a factor in the species' extinctions, because t (43)