Essay topics: 1. No field of study can advance significantly unless it incorporates knowledge and experience from outside that field.
Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement and explain your reasoning for the position you take. In developing and supporting your position, you should consider ways in which the statement might or might not hold true and explain how these considerations shape your position.
The author of prompt has adduced that the fundament of enhancement in any field requires the incorporation with knowledge and practice from other fields. This is a claim with which I generally do concur. Among the countless reasons and facts which give adherence to my standpoint, I would list the most conspicuous ones in what follows.
The first striking fact which should be highlighted is the current trend of knowledge is the interdisciplinary one, which is based on the interconnection between the various fields of science. in this case, possessing a comprehensive cognition over the different topics could be an effective way of getting information. This fact is also verified by a noteworthy intelligence study conducted in my place. According to this reliable study, during the last decade, the knowledge has converted from a sole-focused science to multi-branched one. For instance, while in the past the civil, mechanical, electrical engineering and architecture were separated and were considered irrelevant and unique courses, during the last five years, a field of building science which covers entire four fields has appeared. In this scenario, focusing merely to one field such as civil engineering will be backward; since this understanding is lacking from the required rearing from the other three fields. Therefore, nowadays' requirement obliges the person to have complete knowledge over the various fields.
Another equally crucial reason which should be considered is the importance of practice; indeed, the practice makes perfection. Thus, while a person had the chance of implementing his data in the realistic and practical world, he would get cogent comprehension from that field. An example which can shed a spotlight on the issue is my experience. I have a master degree in the field of civil engineering and I spent six years for this qualification. During these six years, whole contents discussed in the classes were the theoretical base, and my knowledge was publication I had read. However, while I enter the professional environment, I felt the exact difference between the two environments of university and execution. My knowledge was useless since there were lots of factors which worked against what was mentioned in the textbooks. I would not get those data until I have got the working experience. Consequently, a combination of knowledge and experiences is the base of advance in learning and perfection.
However, some people may believe that spending time for learning an unrelated task is a waste of time and energy. Although this belief seems logic in the first glance, it lacks a subtle point and overlooks the fact mentioned in the first paragraphs. The modern knowledge is forwarding to the amalgamation and combination of different fields. As a result, any irrelevant issue can be evaluated as a novel perspective to the current data, which proliferates and flourishes it to the further unknown areas and causes the advancement of science.
To wrap it up, all the aforementioned reasons and fact explicitly depict that the combination of theoretical knowledge with practice and understanding from other fields is helpful. Since the current science is multi-branches, the practice boosts understanding.
- A recently issued twenty-year study on headaches suffered by the residents of Mentia investigated the possible therapeutic effect of consuming salicylates. Salicylates are members of the same chemical family as aspirin, a medicine used to treat headaches. (38)
- 1.The following appeared in the summary of a study on headaches suffered by the residents of Mentia."Salicylates are members of the same chemical family as aspirin, a medicine used to treat headaches. Although many foods are naturally rich in salicyl (53)
- 1.College students should be encouraged to pursue subjects that interest them rather than the courses that seem most likely to lead to jobs.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the recommendation and explain (66)
- 1.1.The following appeared in an article written by Dr. Karp, an anthropologist."Twenty years ago, Dr. Field, a noted anthropologist, visited the island of Tertia and concluded from his observations that children in Tertia were reared by an entire vi (48)
- It is primarily through our identification with social groups that we define ourselves.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement and explain your reasoning for the position you take. In developing a (66)
- In surveys Mason City residents rank water sports (swimming, boating and fishing) among their favorite recreational activities. The Mason River flowing through the city is rarely used for these pursuits, however, and the city park department devotes littl (78)
- 1.1.Twenty years ago, Dr. Field, a noted anthropologist, visited the island of Tertia. Using an observation-centered approach to studying Tertian culture, he concluded from his observations that children in Tertia were reared by an entire village rather t (43)
- 1.Society should identify those children who have special talents and provide training for them at an early age to develop their talents.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the recommendation and explain yo (66)
- 1.The following appeared in an article written by Dr. Karp, an anthropologist."Twenty years ago, Dr. Field, a noted anthropologist, visited the island of Tertia and concluded from his observations that children in Tertia were reared by an entire village r (58)
- 1.The following is a memorandum from the business manager of a television station." Over the past year, our late-night news program has devoted increased time to national news and less time to weather and local news. During this period, most of the compla (73)