Essay topics: Although innovations such as video, computers, and the Internet seem to offer schools improved methods for instructing students, these technologies all too often distract from real learning.
Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement and explain your reasoning for the position you take. In developing and supporting your position, you should consider ways in which the statement might or might not hold true and explain how these considerations shape your position.
It is popularly believed that today's innovations such as video, computers and the internet instead alleviating students' learning make it harder by distracting students from studying. Although this statement has a plethora of proponents, I disagree with it due to the fact that these technologies may give us indispensable opportunities to learn and taught which if they are used properly may change the world.
To begin with, the miracles of modernity such as the internet, video and computers have a great positive impact on our learning. Perhaps, because this impact is enormous and ubiquitous we cannot notice it easily. To illustrate an idea we may look at a work of a teacher today and forty years ago. For example, a teacher of astronomy used to explain his subject, for instance, the structure of solar system by demonstrating pictures at a text book. Today's teacher is able to seize students' attention by demonstrating a movie in the internet and photos of planets which were taken by space probes from official site of NASA. It is hard to overestimate the importance of such colorful and up-to-date material for alleviating students' learning.
Furthermore, these technologies are changing the world. Right now when you read this text, in the poorest African countries such technology as the internet and computers have used to teach children who otherwise would have had no opportunity to acquire knowledge. In fact, hundreds of thousands of tables and laptops with the connection to the internet were donated to such schools of such states as Nigeria, Tanzania and Somali. Those computers are used to organize and control education process and quality of teachers work via internet. Moreover, children have access to the internet and can download needed material from the web. The results of this program may be seen even today when since the program started thousands of boys and girls have learned how to read and count, they learn about the world and none of those achievements will be literally impossible without these technologies.
Unfortunately, the existence of these technologies is connected for some of us with many contemporary problems. For instance, some parents sincerely believe that the internet and video distract their children from learning. Perhaps, their opinion is correct and at least partly supported by reality. At the same time, may we accuse the technologies in those problems? Probably the root of the problem is teachers who, for instance, may try to alleviate their work by substituting real lessons with watching some video on You Tube. In the same vein, we may blame weapon for killing people. From this viewpoint, the children’s problems are not caused by the technologies but rather by teacher's incompetence and consequently these technologies are blameless.
In conclusion, although many of us tend to aver that modern technologies have rather negative effect on students' performance than positive one, I disagree with this idea because these technological marvels can significantly improve learning all over the world if they are properly used.
|Post date||Users||Rates||More about the essay|
|1 year 9 months ago||francine.cesar@...||61||Read full essay|
|1 year 9 months ago||knajan||50||Read full essay|
|2 years 1 week ago||ralfraihat||66||Read full essay|
|2 years 1 week ago||ralfraihat||33||Read full essay|
|2 years 3 months ago||urvangP||Read full essay|
|2 years 4 months ago||tlaber||75||Read full essay|
|2 years 4 months ago||Gagan Deep Sharma||58||Read full essay|
|2 years 4 months ago||amala97||33||Read full essay|
|2 years 5 months ago||sound2112||50||Read full essay|
|2 years 10 months ago||Av9ash||54||Read full essay|
- 25/10/2017 Machine translation is slower and less accurate than human translation and there is immediate or predictable likelihood of machines taking over this role for humans. Do you agree or disagree ? (59)
- 25/10/2017You have been to a business meeting at another company and saw a piece of equipment which can be useful for your company too. Write a letter to your manager about the following:Describe the piece of equipment you have seenWhy having the same equ (80.5)
- 23.10.2017 science could help people live up to 100 or 200 years even. would that be a good or bad development ? Discuss both views and give your opinion. (74.5)
- 23.10.2017 You have a pen-friend living in another country and he/she is curious to learn about the major news items in your country.Write a letter to your pen-friend. In your letter:• Greet your friend and say why you are writing.• Briefly describe a (59.5)
- 19/10/2017 Many people are using credit cards or loans to run up huge personal debts that they may be unable to repay. It should therefore be made more difficult for individuals to borrow large amounts of money. What are your opinion on this?Give reasons (74)
- 18/10/2017 A recent study showed that both developing and developed countries prosper because of the economic growth. People from developing countries are happier than before while people from developed countries are not as happy as they were in the past. (54.5)
- 18/10/2017 A friend has agreed to look after your house and pet while you are on holiday.Write a letter to your friend. In your letter• give contact details for when you are away• give instructions about how to care for your pet• describe other hous (72.5)
- 18/10/2017 These days more emphasis is being placed on university education. Vocational training is not encouraged, and thus there are few qualified trades people. To which extent do you agree or disagree? (82)
- 16/10/2017 You cannot pick your friend up at the airport. Write a letter to him/her. In your letter, you shouldexplain the reasons.You should provide him/her with alternative ways to go to the hotel.You should inform him/her of your plan. (77)
- 16.10.2017Some people think that managers alone should make decisions in the company, while others think that employees should be involved in the decision-making process too. Discuss both views and give your own opinion. (74)