Although innovations such as video, computers, and the Internet seem to offer schools improved methods for instructing students, these technologies all too often distract from real learning.
Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement and explain your reasoning for the position you take. In developing and supporting your position, you should consider ways in which the statement might or might not hold true and explain how these considerations shape your position.
It is popularly believed that today's innovations such as video, computers and the internet instead alleviating students' learning make it harder by distracting students from studying. Although this statement has a plethora of proponents, I disagree with it due to the fact that these technologies may give us indispensable opportunities to learn and taught which if they are used properly may change the world.
To begin with, the miracles of modernity such as the internet, video and computers have a great positive impact on our learning. Perhaps, because this impact is enormous and ubiquitous we cannot notice it easily. To illustrate an idea we may look at a work of a teacher today and forty years ago. For example, a teacher of astronomy used to explain his subject, for instance, the structure of solar system by demonstrating pictures at a text book. Today's teacher is able to seize students' attention by demonstrating a movie in the internet and photos of planets which were taken by space probes from official site of NASA. It is hard to overestimate the importance of such colorful and up-to-date material for alleviating students' learning.
Furthermore, these technologies are changing the world. Right now when you read this text, in the poorest African countries such technology as the internet and computers have used to teach children who otherwise would have had no opportunity to acquire knowledge. In fact, hundreds of thousands of tables and laptops with the connection to the internet were donated to such schools of such states as Nigeria, Tanzania and Somali. Those computers are used to organize and control education process and quality of teachers work via internet. Moreover, children have access to the internet and can download needed material from the web. The results of this program may be seen even today when since the program started thousands of boys and girls have learned how to read and count, they learn about the world and none of those achievements will be literally impossible without these technologies.
Unfortunately, the existence of these technologies is connected for some of us with many contemporary problems. For instance, some parents sincerely believe that the internet and video distract their children from learning. Perhaps, their opinion is correct and at least partly supported by reality. At the same time, may we accuse the technologies in those problems? Probably the root of the problem is teachers who, for instance, may try to alleviate their work by substituting real lessons with watching some video on You Tube. In the same vein, we may blame weapon for killing people. From this viewpoint, the children’s problems are not caused by the technologies but rather by teacher's incompetence and consequently these technologies are blameless.
In conclusion, although many of us tend to aver that modern technologies have rather negative effect on students' performance than positive one, I disagree with this idea because these technological marvels can significantly improve learning all over the world if they are properly used.
- 05/11/2017Nowadays many people are diagnosed with anorexia what do you think the causes of this are? What can be done to improve the situation? 76
- Leaders are created by the demands that are placed on them.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement and explain your reasoning for the position you take. In developing and supporting your position, 40
- The following appeared in a health magazine."The citizens of Forsythe have adopted more healthful lifestyles. Their responses to a recent survey show that in their eating habits they conform more closely to government nutritional recommendations than they 93
- The following appeared in a memo from the vice president of marketing at Dura-Sock, Inc."A recent study of our customers suggests that our company is wasting the money it spends on its patented Endure manufacturing process, which ensures that our socks ar 80
- Some people assert that the purpose of politics should be the pursuit of an ideal. Others aver that the goal should be finding common ground and reaching consensus.Write a response in which you discuss which view more closely aligns with your own position 70
Attribute Value Ideal
Score: 4.5 out of 6
Category: Good Excellent
No. of Grammatical Errors: 0 2
No. of Spelling Errors: 0 2
No. of Sentences: 22 15
No. of Words: 496 350
No. of Characters: 2550 1500
No. of Different Words: 254 200
Fourth Root of Number of Words: 4.719 4.7
Average Word Length: 5.141 4.6
Word Length SD: 2.865 2.4
No. of Words greater than 5 chars: 185 100
No. of Words greater than 6 chars: 160 80
No. of Words greater than 7 chars: 120 40
No. of Words greater than 8 chars: 63 20
Use of Passive Voice (%): 0 0
Avg. Sentence Length: 22.545 21.0
Sentence Length SD: 10.308 7.5
Use of Discourse Markers (%): 0.727 0.12
Sentence-Text Coherence: 0.289 0.35
Sentence-Para Coherence: 0.487 0.50
Sentence-Sentence Coherence: 0.122 0.07
Number of Paragraphs: 5 5