Essay topics: To be an effective leader, a public official must maintain the highest ethical and moral standards.
Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the claim. In developing and supporting your position, be sure to address the most compelling reasons and/or examples that could be used to challenge your position.
The author of the statement points out that a successful leader must follow the highest ethical and moral standards. While, in general, I concur with such an assertion, as leaders who maintain high ethical standards can be the role models of their people. However, a relentless pursuing of the highest moral behaviours may also lead to undesired results.
Admittedly, political leaders’ moral standards do have a crucial impact on their political career. For example, Donald Trump, the Republican nominee of 2016 president election of the United States, are now facing an overwhelming criticises about his previous insult of women. Many people even claim that whether they should let their children to see the news about Donald Trump, who has a very low standard of his moral behaviours, because they are afraid of their children being wrongly guided by Trump’s saying and behaviour. Thus, it is important for government officials to maintain high standards of their behaviours, because people, especially the young generations, tend to micmic their leaders’ words and behaviours. If the leaders’ behaviours are criticised severely, they may even not have the chance to wield their power to develop the society.
However, every coin has two sides. If people emphasise too much on the proper behaviours of political leaders, it may have an opposite effect on the society. The main obligations of a government and its officials should be economic prosperity, cultural flourish and the high living standards of people. If the public set too much regulations on their leaders, they are more likely to behave what the public want instead of scientifically planning for the long term development of the society. Moreover, it is almost impossible that public officials always behave properly, as they are also common people to some extent.
In my point of view, our society should figure out a more comprehensive evaluation system for public officials. Such a system need to add moral behaviours, economic development and ordinary people's living standards into consideration. To achieve the standards listed above, officials will maintain a balance between their daily behaviours and the economic and cultural tasks which are more important to ordinary people. In this way, the pursuit of high moral standards is based on the development of the society instead of condescending it.
In sum, requiring public leaders to maintain the highest moral standards is totally unnecessary, instead, officials should behave properly in front of the public, but more importantly, their main focus should be the prosperity of the country.
|Post date||Users||Rates||More about the essay|
|8 months 1 week ago||xcai||83||Read full essay|
|10 months 6 hours ago||octa_08||58||Read full essay|
|1 year 3 months ago||AlexandraWei||83||Read full essay|
|1 year 4 months ago||Vkch||50||Read full essay|
|1 year 6 months ago||hspinner21||58||Read full essay|
|1 year 7 months ago||yxxnjae||83||Read full essay|
|1 year 11 months ago||galinghiu||50||Read full essay|
|2 years 2 months ago||amirbahman||66||Read full essay|
|2 years 4 months ago||urvangP||Read full essay|
|2 years 4 months ago||urvangP||Read full essay|
- TPO2 Integrated writing--In many organizations, perhaps the best way to approach certain new projects is to assemble a group of people into a team. Having a team of people attack a project offers several advantages...Summarise the points made in the lectu (83)
- TPO 2 (3)
- TPO-01 - Integrated Writing Task In the United States, employees typically work five days a week for eight hours each day. However, many employees want to work a four-day week and are willing to accept less pay inorder to do so. A mandatory policy requiri (80)
- Some people say that the Internet provides people with a lot of valuable information. Others think access to much information creates problems. Which view do you agree with? Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer. (45.5)
- A memorandum from a researcher of Metro Motorcycles: The advertisement budget spent on social media websites has no effect on sales. A costumer survey shows that 90% of the participants said they never purchase the product because of the advertisements on (52)
- The following appeared in an article in a consumer-products magazine:"Two of today's best-selling brands of full-strength prescription medication for the relief of excess stomach acid, Acid-Ease and Pepticaid, are now available in milder nonprescription f (83)
- The following appeared as part of a newspaper editorial:"Two years ago Nova High School began to use interactive computer instruction in three academic subjects. The school dropout rate declined immediately, and last year's graduates have reported some im (56)
- The following appeared in the editorial section of a local newspaper:"In the first four years that Montoya has served as mayor of the city of San Perdito, the population has decreased and the unemployment rate has increased. Two businesses have closed for (76.5)
- The following appeared in an article in a health–and–fitness magazine:"Laboratory studies show that Saluda Natural Spring Water contains several of the minerals necessary for good health and that it is completely free of bacteria. Residents of Saluda, (59)
- The following appeared in an announcement issued by the publisher of The Mercury, a weekly newspaper:"Since a competing lower-priced newspaper, The Bugle, was started five years ago, The Mercury's circulation has declined by 10,000 readers. The best way t (63)