The best way for a society to prepare its young people for leadership in government industry or other fields is by instilling in them a sense of cooperation not competition

The best way for a society to prepare its young people for leadership in government, industry or other fields is by instilling in them a sense of cooperation, not competition.

The youth of any country is its future. The advancement of any nation is largely dependant on the betterment of its young generation.The author here puts forward a proposition that the best way for a society to prepare its young people for leadership in government, industry or other fields is by instilling in them a sense of cooperation rather than competition. It is any nation's moral responsibility as a whole to develop their youth in a way so that they can prepare themselves for leadership in any field they choose to persue in future. For doing so I completely agree with the author that the youth should be indulged in cooperative behavior rather than competition.

Any organisation be it a private enterprise or a government one shines only when the people building the organisation have an united urge to do good for the company. Such kind of efficacy comes only when there is mutual respect and cooperation among the employees of an organisation. It is thus evident in order to imbibe such a behavior in our future generation they should be trained from very young age to have mutual cooperation among their peers. As for example in schools across nations there are group projects given to the students to teach them the importance of cooperation. Not only projects, regular class assignments are also given in groups for this reason. This exercise not only makes the children more complaint with their peers but also helps them identify their leadership traits. In any school group projects there is at least one child who has this innate tendancy to lead the team and also provide solution to any kind of disharmony among the team members. While others in the team learn how to unitedly work towards the same goal. This practise of mutual tolerance and unity helps to develop an integral character in the young generation which manifests in their future to be a good team player and even serve as a leader for the organisation.

Not only in academics these kinds of group activities are largely encouraged by the parents these days. Participating in group events and social functions helps to develop a mutual harmony in the young people. It makes them think on a bigger scale and not just for one ownself helping to develop a leadership quality. A leader is a person who thinks on behalf of the entire team and takes responsibility for the entire team and not just for their ownself. Engaging in group activities thus helps them to think for the entire group and bring out the leadership quality in them.

However, many a times it has been questioned whether a competitve attitiude can be more relied in making of a good leader than a cooperative attitude. It is most likely possible that in any group activity in school there are two kids in the same group who would like to take charge of the entire group and in that case a competition may arise asking who is the better leader. Encouraging a competitive attitude at that time would only increase the tension in the group not doing any good. However, if the children are explained that they should look for the greater good of the group and harmonously come to an conclusion it will be doing an ultimate good to the group. This can be thought in the bigger picture that in any government the people running the government, i.e, the leaders must always be open to constructive critisicm from their peers and not try to vie with each other. Thus a cooperative behavior will help in building a better society rather than a competitve society.

In conclusion there are instances where one might argue that a competitve attitude helps to bring out the leader in one but that would ultimately result in a disharmonous organisation in particular and society in general. It is the cooperation among every one in a society and taking care of that harmony, unity and integrity which makes the organisation or the society a success. Thus it is our moral duty to imbibe the younger generation with values of cooperation rather than competition to build the leadership quality in them.The youth of any country is its future. The advancement of any nation is largely dependant on the betterment of its young generation.The author here puts forward a proposition that the best way for a society to prepare its young people for leadership in government, industry or other fields is by instilling in them a sense of cooperation rather than competition. It is any nation's moral responsibility as a whole to develop their youth in a way so that they can prepare themselves for leadership in any field they choose to persue in future. For doing so I completely agree with the author that the youth should be indulged in cooperative behavior rather than competition.

In conclusion there are instances where one might argue that a competitve attitude helps to bring out the leader in one but that would ultimately result in a disharmonous organisation in particular and society in general. It is the cooperation among every one in a society and taking care of that harmony, unity and integrity which makes the organisation or the society a success. Thus it is our moral duty to imbibe the younger generation with values of cooperation rather than competition to build the leadership quality in them.

Average: 6.6 (1 vote)