Claim When planning courses educators should take into account the interests and suggestions of their students Reason Students are more motivated to learn when they are interested in what they are studying Write a response in which you discuss the extent

Claim: When planning courses, educators should take into account the interests and suggestions of their students.
Reason: Students are more motivated to learn when they are interested in what they are studying.

Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the claim and the reason on which that claim is based.

When planning courses, educators consider a lot of factors which include the availability of study materials for the course, availability of competent and professional teachers to teach the student, availability of facilities required for the effective teaching and learning of the course, and many more. Although, some feel that educators should also take into account, students interest and suggestion while planning courses and some others feel educators should not consider student interest and suggestions. However, there are several advantages accrued with educators taking student interest into consideration and this advantages are needed for the education system to beget innovative, independent and competent professionals.

Educators taking student interest and suggestions into account while planning courses does not literally mean the planning body will incorporate all what students say into the curriculum. It only helps the planning body to know how best to present the courses to student to aid easy learning and understanding. As a result, it will lead to educator considering student interest. This is good because truly, students are more motivated to learn when they are interested in what they are studying. It will save the teachers the effort of teaching student what student do not have predilection to learn. It will also divert student’s focus on a main topics relevant for their careers.

More so, apart from this decision helping students focus more on their course of interest, it also helps students become pundits in their chosen field as students will be able to focus on their strengths and weaknesses in the course of interest. For instance, if a student is more inclined to learning to about the world revolution and rotation, such student will be inclined to study courses like geography. As a result of this developed interest, student will go any length to learn the course, focusing on his or her strength and weaknesses, thereby becoming an expert in such field.

Although, some will argue that it is wrong for educators to take student interest and suggestion into account while planning courses because students have different interest and it will be a burden on the planning body to consider all students’ interest without the body favoring some students and being biased to some other student. This is true to some extent, but one need to look at the deleterious effect of educators not considering students’ suggestions while planning courses. There are chances that educators will build curriculum or plan courses that does not align with student interest and once student don’t have interest in a course, they tend to flounder in such course. This will in turn, make education system to produce incompetent graduates into the society.

In conclusion, educators taking into account student interest and suggestion has many advantages to both the student and teachers. It might be an onerous task, but its worth trying as this will lead to the true purpose of education being served – which is to positively impact student with knowledge required for the student to excel in their chosen career path.