Essay topics: College students should base their choice of a field of study on the availability of jobs in that field.
Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the claim. In developing and supporting your position, be sure to address the most compelling reasons and/or examples that could be used to challenge your position.
The author adduces that the benchmark for the selection of the field of study by students should be the existence of future occupation on that field. This is the claim with which I partially do not concur. Among the countless rearing reason, I will delve into the most conspicuous ones in the following paragraphs to give adherence to my standpoint.
First of all, there should be a well-defined term for the definition of the study purpose. Actually, various factors can be listed as the aim of study; while some people consider education as the path for exploring the novelty and mysterious of world, some others emphasize the study as flourishment of themselves; or there are some group which brings up the study as a tool for achieving a great and well-paid job in the future. According to this various list of study goals, absolutely there should be the difference of field selected by the students. However, since the main feature of mankind is his chasm and endless eager for thriving in any realm, this could be bolded as one of the main causes of study. In addition, the easiest way for flourishment is by doing an affair which aligned with the individual’s desire. In this case, there is the possibility of no match between the selected field of study, which looks for the availability of a job, and student desire. Consequently, the ratio of his prospering will be low.
Another striking reason which should be considered is the individual’s talent in that specific field of study. Even the main aim of the study by a pupal is mentioned as finding a good job, there is no guarantee that his all efforts on that particular field of study will end to the high-salary occupation. The one factor which makes the occurrence of this event to be shaky is students’ talents. Indeed, it is obvious that the talent over a subject owns a magnificent role in the success and feat of a person on that subject. A lucid example which depicts the importance of talent is the instance of Newton. Newton explored the gravity force merely by the hit of a falling apple, which had founded by no person hit by apple till that moment. This example explicitly illustrates the effect of talent, if a person possesses a specific talent, his chance of achieving the success is high. Therefore, by studying the trend field of study to warrantee the future job is not feasible till there will be talent about the field.
However, what is discussed above should not be overgeneralized; the high cost of education, and scanty of loan for financial support of education, force the family and students to spend lots of money. Thus, there is the expectation of earning high in the future to fulfill the current expenses; in this scenario, seeking the trend job is a wise option. According to the noteworthy intelligence survey conducted in Iran, each family in Iran spends two hundred million toman for their child’s education before his entrance to the university, which this amount is equal to hundred-fold of monthly salary of medium-income job in Iran. Therefore, there should be a return of all these expenses in the future.
To wrap it up, all the aforementioned reasons explicitly depict while the expense of studying should not be underestimated, the importance of talent and desire of the student on his future job are two main factors which completely guarantees students triumph.
|Post date||Users||Rates||More about the essay|
|1 year 5 months ago||vnwaokolo||50||Read full essay|
|1 year 6 months ago||Harish Chhatija||58||Read full essay|
|1 year 8 months ago||saeedpanahi||66||Read full essay|
|1 year 9 months ago||amirbahman||66||Read full essay|
|2 years 2 months ago||urvangP||Read full essay|
|2 years 2 months ago||urvangP||Read full essay|
|2 years 4 months ago||Sril||50||Read full essay|
|2 years 7 months ago||lebronjames||50||Read full essay|
|2 years 8 months ago||http_essay||79||Read full essay|
|2 years 8 months ago||http_essay||62||Read full essay|
- 1. True success can be measured primarily in terms of the goals one sets for oneself.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement and explain your reasoning for the position you take. In developing (58)
- 1.No field of study can advance significantly unless it incorporates knowledge and experience from outside that field.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement and explain your reasoning for the pos (79)
- The following is part of a memorandum from the president of Humana University."Last year the number of students who enrolled in online degree programs offered by nearby Omni University increased by 50 percent. During the same year, Omni showed a sign (85)
- 1. The following appeared in a letter to the editor of a journal on environmental issues."Over the past year, the Crust Copper Company (CCC) has purchased over 10,000 square miles of land in the tropical nation of West Fredonia. Mining copper on this land (83)
- 1. In order to become well-rounded individuals, all college students should be required to take courses in which they read poetry, novels, mythology, and other types of imaginative literature.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you (66)
- 9.The following appeared in a health newsletter."A ten-year nationwide study of the effectiveness of wearing a helmet while bicycling indicates that ten years ago, approximately 35 percent of all bicyclists reported wearing helmets, whereas today that num (49)
- If a goal is worthy, then any means taken to attain it are justifiable.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement and explain your reasoning for the position you take. In developing and supporting yo (79)
- .The vice president for human resources at Climpson Industries sent the following recommendation to the company's president."In an effort to improve our employees' productivity, we should implement electronic monitoring of employees' I (59)
- Young people should be encouraged to pursue long-term, realistic goals rather than seek immediate fame and recognition.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the recommendation and explain your reasoning for t (58)
- Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? if people have the opportunity to get a secure job, they should take it right away rather than wait for a job that would be more satisfying. (70)