Colleges and universities should require their students to spend at least one semester studying in a foreign country.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the claim. In developing and supporting your position

Colleges and universities should require their students to spend at least one semester studying in a foreign country.

Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the claim. In developing and supporting your position, be sure to address the most compelling reasons and/or examples that could be used to challenge your position.

Nowadays, one of the important questions that arises is whether this way really is a good method that colleges and universities require their students to spend at least one semester studying in another country or not. Although some people say that this is a good method in educational system, I disagree with them due to the following reasons.

The most significant reason is that studying in a foreign country requires much money while many students don't have enough. Hence, if colleges and universities force students to study in a foreign country, the students who are belonged to poor or low-incoming families won't e able to study at university, because they don't have enough money to go and study in another country and they can't fulfill education requirements for the university.

Another equally important point is that studying abroad and being away from family have negative mental effects on many students that can be very destructive. For example, my friend was heavily dependent on his family. He had not even traveled a short time without his parents. When he traveled to Canada to study at the PhD level, in a short time he became severely depressed. Being far from family caused him to be a neurotic and depressed person that can't study at all. Finally he had to leave his PhD and come back to his country.

However, many people argue that studying abroad makes students to be independent and strong. In some cases this is true however, I think one semester is a short time so as when students get used to their new living conditions, they have to go back and they don't have enough time to being strong and independent.

From what have been discussed above, we can safely draw the conclusion that forcing student to spend at least one semester studying in a foreign country is not a good method that not only has negative effects on student's nerves but also it is a hard educational condition that causes many students can't study at university.

not only has negative effects on student's nerves but also it is a hard educational condition
Description: Not only...but also is not used properly. can you re-write this sentence?

More content wanted.
For issue essays, around 450 words, for argument essays, around 400 words.