Critical judgment of work in any given field has little value unless it comes from someone who is an expert in that field.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement and explain your reasoning for the

Critical judgment of work in any given field has little value unless it comes from someone who is an expert in that field.

Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement and explain your reasoning for the position you take. In developing and supporting your position, you should consider ways in which the statement might or might not hold true and explain how these considerations shape your position.

It is popularly believed that critical judgment of work in any given field has little value unless it comes from a person who is an expert in that field. Although this claim has a plethora of supporters, I disagree with it due to the fact that sometimes amateur's opinion is more valuable than expert's one; moreover, sometimes even expert's judgment has little values as well.

To begin with, the idea that critical judgment ought to be given only by expert in that field is well supported by public due to the fact that we intuitively accept that if an issue is connected with a specific field which requires from an adviser have professional knowledge or experience there is no use from amateur's judgment. For instance, if a surgeon faced a problem during surgery which one performs, it is reasonable to expect that only expert's opinion about the problem will be valuable. This example supports the claim; however, may we assert that it is reasonable to extrapolate this situation on any given fields?

The answer on this question is "no" owing to the fact sometimes amateur's opinion is important and even crucial for an expert. For example, imagine that a designer creates a new car, of course, the work definitely requires from the expert to have decent knowledge and expertise about the subject, at the same time, the car is aimed at public who will or will not buy it. Consequently, our designer ought to pay attention to people’s opinion. He or she probably creates a focus group which represents the target auditory or supposed buyers of the developed product. The group may aver what they like or dislike and what ought to be changed and improved. Those opinions, I believe, will be accepted by the designer into consideration in creation of the car, otherwise the future product may not be successful.

Furthermore, sometimes even experts’ opinions may be useless in some fields. For example, thousands of critics share with public their judgement about movies, books and other products and often we pay attention to their judgments; however, in some cases, the experts opinion has little value, for example, each year a European automobile journal "Top gear" creates its rating of cars from the best one to the worst one. You may think that this rating will be mirrored at levels of sales of promoted or vilified models of cars but the experts' recommendation have little impact on purchasers' conduct. This example illustrates that experts’ judgments do not have an ultimate value as well.

In conclusion, although some of us sincerely aver that amateur's judgement has little value in any field, we have demonstrated that although in some situations this belief might hold true, it is not an absolute and sometimes amateur's opinion is valuable and expert's one is not.

if an issue is connected with a specific field which requires from an adviser have professional knowledge
if an issue is connected with a specific field which requires from an adviser who has professional knowledge

but the experts' recommendation have little impact on purchasers' conduct.
but the experts' recommendation has little impact on purchasers' conduct.

-------------
arguments: OK
-------------
--------------