Government officials should rely on their own judgment rather than unquestioningly carry out the will of the people they serve.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the recommendation and explain your reasoni

Government officials should rely on their own judgment rather than unquestioningly carry out the will of the people they serve.

Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the recommendation and explain your reasoning for the position you take. In developing and supporting your position, describe specific circumstances in which adopting the recommendation would or would not be advantageous and explain how these examples shape your position.

The author contends that government officials should consider their own judgment before compromising the will of people they serve. This is a contention with which I generally disagree for the following reasons.

The first reason to ponder upon is that very nature of the democracy in which the will of people is of utmost importance. Abraham Lincoln states that “Government of the people, by the people, for the people.” As a matter of fact, cardinal responsibility of the government is to provide a more suitable life for the citizens, so if people have a demand from the government, those in power have to embrace their demand.

Another subtle point to be examined is the fact that rigid laws could bring about unfairness if applied inflexibly in all places all time. The framers of United States constitution recognized the need for both flexible legal systems and flexible laws by affording each state legal jurisdiction over all the matters within the borders of state. Perspicacious framers comprehend that social and economic problems, as well as fairness and equity, could legitimately change over the time and vary from region to region.

However, what I alluded to in the body paragraphs should not be overgeneralized. We should give some weight to the role of expert’s knowledge and experience in the decision-making process owing to the fact that government officials who are selected directly or indirectly by the people usually have felicitous knowledge, political and financial acumen which enables them to delve into the subjects and consider different aspects of them before making a decision. For instance, people who live in rural areas and lack even basic information about a foreign country, should not interfere in country’s minister of foreign decisions.

In light of the above mentioned reasons, one can conclude that government authorities have to make decisions which are in accord with public desire and public perception of government performance is really important. Of course people should not be involved in detail any minor details which they do not have adequate information about them.