People who are the most deeply committed to an idea or policy are also the most critical of it.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement and explain your reasoning for the position you take. In deve

People who are the most deeply committed to an idea or policy are also the most critical of it.

Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement and explain your reasoning for the position you take. In developing and supporting your position, you should consider ways in which the statement might or might not hold true and explain how these considerations shape your position.

It is popularly believed that persons who are most profoundly committed to a concept or ideal tend to be critical to it. Although this idea has some supportive evidences in particular when we have a deal with scientists, it may be easily refuted if we take a closer look at religious zealots who are unwilling to accept even the most glaring facts which are in conflict with their faith. Thus, an act of devotion may lead to two opposing consequences: if a person wants to improve and refine his or her concept, one will be most critical to the idea; however, if one is blindly committed to an ideal or belief, he or she will not be able to critically look at it.

First of all, one of the best examples of people who are deeply committed to an idea and at the same time who are the most picky about it are scholars. Scientific research has a goal of learning about the nature and universe and the truth is the biggest treasury of it. Consequently, they are able to unbiasedly scrutiny their ideas and basis of them. For instance, Albert Einstein, who created the theory of relativity which has changed the way by which we perceive the world, initially made a mistake in his calculations. After the mistake was found, Einstein was willing to accept the critique and refine his work. The ability of pundits to accept evidences and critique is caused by their devotion to the idea and desire to improve it.

However, when we have dealing with religion the situation is dramatically different. Throughout history we may find evidences that religious devotion to an idea blinded believers in their ability to critically analyze facts which are in confrontation with their point of view. For instance, the holy inquisition and its refusal to accept the convincing evidences that the sun is the center of the solar system and that our planet is orbiting the star. You may think that it is our past and today religious believers who completely committed to their ideas cannot possibly behave in such a way but look at their attitude to Darwin's theory of evolution. Despite the plethora of evidences which were found under ground and tomes of carefully collected information about species and their development; these people refuse to accept them. The possible reason of this situation may be that they are committed to the faith and religion asks its followers to blindly accept and do not doubt.

In conclusion, although deep commitment to an idea may lead, in some cases, to a critical perception of the idea, it is not an absolute rule and sometimes blind devotion leads to mindless and uncritical acceptation of an idea.

Sentence: Consequently, they are able to unbiasedly scrutiny their ideas and basis of them.
Error: unbiasedly Suggestion: ?

Well, better to put two paragraphs for the side you want to support. If you take a middle-of-the-road approach you won’t sound as confident or clear.

------------------------