Scandals are useful because they focus our attention on problems in ways that no speaker or reformer ever could.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the claim. In developing and supporting your position, be

Scandals are useful because they focus our attention on problems in ways that no speaker or reformer ever could.

Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the claim. In developing and supporting your position, be sure to address the most compelling reasons and/or examples that could be used to challenge your position.

We come across a number of scandals on television, newspapers and radio these days. There are discussions, debates, sometimes even public outrage, and then another scandal comes into highlight and the earlier burning topic of discussion takes a backseat. Are these scandals really useful? Are they doing any good to us? Well, a coin has two sides. Where these scandals can be awakening for masses in certain situations, they can also be misleading and red herring in others.

It would not be justified to say that these scandals focus our attention on problems in ways that no speaker or reformer ever could. We have all heard of reformers who have brought about complete revolution in a nation. One cannot forget to mention Swami Vivekananda, a highly educated man who influenced masses just with his words. In one of his famous speech he spoke of putting an end to violence. His message of 1800’s is as timely and relevant now in 2000’s as it was then, over 100 years ago.

Although scandals, to some extent have proven useful. Talking of the bribery scandals being brought in light by the media particularly in a country like India, has brought about a complete revolution in the country. People are not ignorant anymore. One scandal after another raised awareness among them so they could elect better leaders and not corrupt felon.

But these scandals can sometimes also be misleading. There are cases wherein the sole purpose of a scandal was to delude people and stir up a public opinion against the opponent party. And there are some solely meant to damage the image of a public figure in return of some personal animosity.

In a nutshell, scandals can prove to be very useful but one cannot deny the fact that the reformers and speakers can, and have been equally influential in forming public opinion.

More content wanted.
For issue essays, around 450 words, for argument essays, around 400 words.