Scandals are useful because they focus our attention on problems in ways that no speaker or reformer ever could.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the claim. In developing and supporting your position, be

Scandals are useful because they focus our attention on problems in ways that no speaker or reformer ever could.
Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the claim. In developing and supporting your position, be sure to address the most compelling reasons and/or examples that could be used to challenge your position.

Scandals attack the most sensible part of ours the inquisitiveness. We don’t care as much about any reformist or speaker’s claim than as we do for any controversy or scandal. The scandal reveals not only culprits but also every detail surrounds the issue of scandal. But to be believing scam blindfolded is not good. As many people and parties create these scandal intentionally for their own interest.

The number of reformists and speaker out there in the society has grown so much that we generally don’t heed to their claims no matter how much they are true. The authenticity of these claims has always been so doubtful. Most of the time they do it to degrade their opponents and set themselves as a conveyor of people’s good. But whenever any scandal arises we instinctively go for the details of it. Yes the scandals do help in seeking our attention to the problems much because they are not coming from the mouth of any other reformist or speaker.

Our inquisitiveness gets further stimulated by the media’s continued exaggeration of the events. Their 24 hour coverage, live discussions and interviews stimulates our interest in the scandal. They dig out every minute detail relevant or irrelevant regarding the scandal that causes us to follow the news instinctively.

Once we have developed our inquisitiveness of the scandal, every minute details surrounding the issue began clearer to our eyes. We don’t only see what has gone wrong but also about the issue’s core details, it’s relevance to us, it’s impact on society and economy etc. e.g. until the 2g spectrum take place not many of us knew about the process of bandwtiht allocation. The scandal not only revealed the culprits but also the details of spectrum regulation, processing and other details. So as the coal scam did. The scandal not only helped us in knowing about the culprits but also about hthe coal allocation processes and other relevant details.

A speaker or reformist might be partial about revealing the details of the issue he is talking for. He may suppress some data that may cause discomfort to him or his pals. E.g. if a BJP leader accuses the congress government of its irregularities in coal allocation process than he would definitely suppress the data that might show his own party’s wrongdoing in the affairs. Scandals on the contrary come out with entire truth. The 2g spectrum scam for example not only caused the present government’s official to be asked but also caused some of the BJP politicians to appear in the list.

The author’s claim thought might not be completely substantial as scandals though help us in looking into the core of a problem there are few scandals which have been intentionally created to malign the opponent’s image. Therefore the authenticity of scandals cannot be considered true every time.