Seniority (years of service) should not be the basis of employee compensation. Employees should be promoted and given raises solely on the basis of their work performance and merit. That is a better way to encourage high productivity. Discuss the extent t

Seniority (years of service) should not be the basis of employee compensation. Employees should be promoted and given raises solely on the basis of their work performance and merit. That is a better way to encourage high productivity.
Discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the opinion stated above. Support your views with reasons and/or examples from your own experience, observations or reading.

There has been much debate in placing seniority over merit or merit over seniority in the workplace. One side argues the employees whose been working the longest should be promoted or given raises while the other prefers the employees that has the best work performances and merits to get promoted and raises. While seniority proves to company of their loyalty, work performance and merits should be the preference for promotions and salary raises , A person's work performance and merits encourages high productivity in the workplace by showing professionalism and dedication.

When a new employee starts working for a particular company, he or she want to start off on the right foot by arriving early and leaving late. The employee wants to show the company that he or she can handle the work given and beyond. An employee who has been working for ten years might not go the extra mile for the company. When it comes to an open seat for promotion, the CEO has to decide on the senior employee or the employee who has been working for over a year. The employee might have a higher chance of promotion because he or she has been showing her strong work ethics and will continue his or her work ethic with or without a promotion.

An example, the turtle and hare story where the turtle strives every minute of the race whereas the hare takes a rest because the hare knows rabbit runs faster than turtles. What the hare does not know is that the turtle has been practicing really hard to run a little bit faster everyday. This story taught readers that if you continue to work had and improve, hard work will pay off. The same goes for employees in a company, if you work hard and improve everyday, you will eventually be in a better place.

Even thought it may seem unfair for the employees who have been working fo the company the longest, merit prevents prejudice in the workplace. In schools, tenures are usually given to teachers who have worked for an amount of year.s. But tenures has no proof of the teachers to be effective educators for students. . It would also influence the students' performance in school because when school districts are faced with budget decrease and have to lay off employees, tenures are safe but the teachers without tenures but are really effective teachers are laid off. The same can go for any companies in the workforce, the measurement of productivity is not by the quantity, or years of service, but by quality, work performance and merit.

While seniority proves to company of their loyalty, work performance and merits should be the preference for promotions and salary raises , A person's work performance and merits encourages high productivity in the workplace by showing professionalism and dedication.

the employees whose been working the longest
the employees who have been working the longest

prefers the employees that has the best work performances
prefers the employees who have the best work performances

Some duplicate words or sentences. Look: