Teachers salaries should be based on their students academic performance Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the claim In developing and supporting your position be sure to address the most compelling reaso

Teachers' salaries should be based on their students' academic performance.
Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the claim. In developing and supporting your position, be sure to address the most compelling reasons and/or examples that could be used to challenge your position.

In my opinion, I partially agree with the claim purported in the prompt and argue that salaries of teachers should not be totally based on their student’s academic performance.
To begin, teachers will be bound to focus only on trying to achieve the best grades from the students and not on other aspects involved in effectively delivering lessons. This may jeopardize one of the educational goals of the institution. For instance, a teacher in class may deeply focus on solving only the type of problems that are tested in exams and ignore important elements of the lecture such as brain-storming of possible methods to solve a certain question, alternate solutions, etc. This will lead students to not be able to think outside the box: creativity to approach solutions for a certain problem may not be developed. Although the academic performance may improve by following this strategy to teach students, teachers will not be able to attain one of the primary goals of an educational institution – develop well rounded creative thinkers. No teacher would probably be content with lower salaries, given that lower academic performance is equivalent to lowering of salary.
Next, some students dislike doing hard work and are not able to perform well in exams no matter the amount of efforts a teacher puts into his or her teaching style. If such students are accounted for evaluating the academic performance of classroom, then it is unfair for the teacher’s salary to be affected. If the rule has to be implemented, the efforts put by a student, given that the teacher is working hard should be taken into account so that the salary may not be unjustly affected.
In contrast to above, the proposed claim may indeed have some benefits. There are a small number of faculty in every school who have lost motivation to teach students with full efforts. Such unmotivated teachers will be forced to start teaching students with some degree of motivation. Thus, the poor academic performance of students in a certain unmotivated teacher’s class will be improved. However, as mentioned the number of unmotivated teachers in a school are generally very low and imposing the rule will affect all teachers. In conclusion, looking at the totality of the potential effects of the claim, not imposing the rule will do less harm than benefits to the institution.