Unfortunately, in contemporary society, creating an appealing image has become more important than the reality or truth behind that image.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement and explain your r

Unfortunately, in contemporary society, creating an appealing image has become more important than the reality or truth behind that image.

Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement and explain your reasoning for the position you take. In developing and supporting your position, you should consider ways in which the statement might or might not hold true and explain how these considerations shape your position.

It is a widespread belief that in today's society creating and appealing image has become more important than the reality behind that image. Although this belief is widely supported by public and promoted by mass-media, I disagree with it owing to the fact that an attractive image itself without proper content cannot survive and therefore the proposed by the issue idea is inaccurate.

To begin with, I assume that no one will argue against the statement that for contemporary world, an appealing image is highly important, perhaps, as never before in the history of humankind. To prove this idea we may visit any supermarket where appealing packages seize our attention and lure us to buy them. If we look at the commercial which is demonstrated on TV screens around the world, we will inescapably see colorful images and hear appealing promises to satisfy our needs the best way possible. Those examples illustrate that our society indeed highly evaluates appealing images but may we aver that those images are more important than the truth behind those images?

The answer on this question is "no", as far as I am concerned an attractive image cannot substitute the content behind it. To prove my stance, we may return to previous example about a store. For instance, our attention was attracted by bright image on package of a bar of a chocolate which promises to give us an experience of sweetness and pleasure. We buy it and try it. In case, the chocolate has inappropriate taste, for instance, it is salty or bitter, we will never buy it. By contrast, if the bought bar possesses expected characteristics, we will be probably satisfied and continue to consume this brand. Those two instances illustrate that although appealing image is important, at least sometimes the truth behind that image plays equal or even more significant role. Consequently, we may assert that idea stated in the prompt does not indeed mirror the reality and thus inaccurate.

Of course, someone may claim that an appealing image plays more essential and crucial role in today's society and perhaps in some cases, he/she is right because between image and its content exists balance which may be shifted to the one or opposite side. For example, when we have a deal with a book, probably its content is more crucial for the book's success than its cover; but if we look at models who demonstrate clothes, the appealing image may be considered as more important characteristic. In other words, the superiority of image over the content is not proved.

In conclusion, although in today's society has rooted the belief that an attractive image is more important than the reality behind that image, I state that this belief does not represent an actual situation because an attractive image cannot exist without appropriate to the image content. In other words, we have a balance between those characteristics which may be shifted in both directions.

Some issues with the argument 3. It didn't add something new from the argument 2.

-------------------------