Essay topics: The charts below show the proportions of the world's oil resources held in different areas, together with the proportions consumed annually in the same areas.
Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant.
The charts show the information about the percentage of total world oil resources and the percentage of total world annual oil consumption. Charts provide oil resources data from 10 territories and also the consumption in those areas.
Middle East has the biggest oil resource in the world by 56.52% of the world resource. On the other hand, although Middle East produces the biggest oil in the world, its consumption in the region is only 6.15% of world consumption. The second biggest oil resource in the world is Canada, it has 14.84% of world oil resource. But, the consumption of oil in Canada is very low, it just consumes 2.48% and makes it as the territory of the second lowest of oil consumption.
While Australia and New Zealand is the territory with the lowest oil resource, it has 0.30% only, and this territory is also as the area which consumes the smallest oil in the world by 1.31%. The second lowest oil resource is called other territory by 1.05% and it has 2.52% of oil consumption. On the other hand, Asia is the biggest oil consumer by 26.21%, while its resource just 2.89%. The next high oil consumer is United States by 25.48%, but its resource is 1.85% only.
In conclusion, the major oil consumption countries such as Asia and United States are not having big oil resource, they depend on the resource from other region. Middle East is the dominant area of oil resource, but it just consumes less than 30% of their resource production.
- Some people believe that unpaid community service should be a compulsory part of high school programmes (for example working for a charity, improving the neighbourhood or teaching sports for younger children). To what extend do you agree or disagree? (70.3571)
- Some experts believe that it is better for children to begin learning a foreign language at primary school rather than secondary school.Do the advantages of this outweigh the disadvantages?Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples fro (75.2381)
- Some people say that the teaching method with a teacher and students in a classroom will not exist by the year 2050.To what extend do you agree or disagree? (61.25)
- The pie charts below show how dangerous waste products are dealt with in three countries.Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparison where relevant. (78.3333)
- Some people think that strict punishments for driving offences are the key to reducing traffic accidents. Others, however, believe that other measures would be more effective in improving road safety.Discuss both these views and give your own opinion. (85)
- The diagrams below show the site of a school in 2004 and the plan for changes to the school site in 2024.Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant. (61.4286)
- It is important to ensure that children with a wide range of abilities and from a variety of social backgrounds mix with each other at school.To what extend do you agree or disagree? (68.75)
- The charts below show the proportions of the world's oil resources held in different areas, together with the proportions consumed annually in the same areas.Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons whe (47.7778)
- In many countries today insufficient respect is shown to older people.What do you think may be the reasons for this?What problems might this cause in society? Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your own knowledge or experi (60)
- The graphs below give information about computer ownership as a percentage of the population between 2002 and 2010, and by level of education for the years 2002 and 2010.Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comp (75.7143)