Every year several languages die out. Some people think that this is not important because life will be easier if there are fewer languages in the world.To what extent do you agree or disagree with this opinion?

Every year several languages die out. Some people think that this is not important because life will be easier if there are fewer languages in the world.
To what extent do you agree or disagree with this opinion?

It is a fact that annually, languages in some certain areas are becoming extinct. Some people believe that this phenomenon does not have significant impact on our life or even make life easier. Personally, I am of mixed opinion on that.

It is evident that some languages such as English or Chinese are now dominant as the global languages. No doubt that the communication will become much easier if there is a common language all over the world. language will be no longer a barrier if one person has intention to move to another country speaking a different language to his country. It is likely that if there are fewer languages, students can find it straightforward to get access to a reliable source of knowledge from other countries. Also, the trade among nations will be enhanced and time-saving. As a result, the economy will be fostered and the social stability will be achieved.

By contrast, there are quite plausible reasons for opposing the replacing of other languages for indigenous ones. By losing a language we lose more than we think. Language is a reflection of history and process of creating the specific culture of a nation. Through a long story of correcting and even struggling with other countries, these languages can exist until now. Furthermore, there are an extensive diversity of non-English documents recording huge source of unknown knowledge. Obviously, this treasure cannot be utilized if the languages making their values disappear forever.

In conclusion, it is suggested that some certain regulations are implemented to hinder the death of indigenous languages. Also, the teaching of popular languages should be combined with these rules.