It has been said Not everything that is learned is contained in books Compare and contrast the knowledge gained from experience with knowledge gained from books In your opinion which source is more important Why Use specific reasons and example to substan

It has been said, "Not everything that is learned is contained in books." Compare and contrast the knowledge gained from experience with knowledge gained from books. In your opinion, which source is more important? Why? Use specific reasons and example to substantiate.

Books are amazing source of knowledge. One can gather a great deal of useful information from books. However in my opinion, experience imparts learning that truly adds value to one's life.

Books are a significant and reliable source of information. Their ease of use and portability makes them even more useful. With advent of modern technology, books have evolved into several other forms such as online books and e-books which are easy to carry and accessible anywhere one likes. It’s no surprise that books become a dear companion for everyone from very early childhood.

However it can be argued that practical experience gives more hands-on and useful knowledge. As opposed to reading books that only offers theoretical understanding, practice provides functional training that proves readily useful in one's professional life. That’s the reason why universities put high emphasis on practical labs. Practical experience helps inculcate real world skills. This is apparent from the fact that students from courses such as applied sciences get better and more lucrative jobs, as compared to their counterparts.

Furthermore, practical skills are more fun to learn and stay in memory for longer time. It’s more exciting to learn a skill on the job, rather than trying to absorb chapters upon chapters from a book. Research has indicated that people retain hands-on sessions more easily and it creates permanent neural connections, something that theoretical discussions fail to do. This is precisely why a practical skill gained in childhood, for instance riding a bicycle, stays with one for life.

In conclusion, I will re-iterate that experience is more vital source of information. The lessons learnt by experience make one street-smart and a better fit for any given job.

It is on top list:
http://www.testbig.com/essay-categories/ielts