In many countries today insufficient respect is shown to older people.What do you think may be the reasons for this?What problems might be cause in society?

In many countries today insufficient respect is shown to older people.
What do you think may be the reasons for this?
What problems might be cause in society?

It is very ruefully that day by day the attitude of people to old people become less respectively in many countries.

In my opinion, the development of independency and the right to private life lead to that young generation interpreted it too directly. By that most of adolescents move out from their parents’ house too early and start private life. Sometimes the relationship with their parents becomes cold and when their parents get old, they do not feel compassion to them. Hence to other old people too.

In addition most parents stop nurture their children to honor and appreciate old people by their own example. In order to live independently with their own children, they live apart from their own parents as well as visit them occasionally. As a subsequence, they see the same attitude from their own children later.

Moreover, people become indifferent to surround people. Again, the right to private life does not allowed strange people to intrude to the life of other people. Thereby, increase the number of young generation who disinterest to problems of other people as well as old people.

This is a shame for society to have this problem present day. Apart from funding money to provide old people we nurture generation that does not feel empathy, pain, compassion not only to old people but to whole environment too. That in turn can destroy entire ecosystem.

It is inevitable that one day everyone gets old and face up all problems that endure unprotected old people. Therefore, we should take care of old people.

More words wanted. Expand your ideas with examples.