Nowadays the way many people interact with each other has changed because of technology In what ways has technology affected the types of relationships people make Has this become positive or negative development

Nowadays the way many people interact with each other has changed because of technology. In what ways has technology affected the types of relationships people make? Has this become positive or negative development?

As a consequence of technological development, relationships between people went through a phenomenal shift. So the question is whether this change was beneficial or not. To my mind, disadvantages of this issue are as numerous as the advantages.

On one hand, it is important to consider that technology made our survival easier. To exemplify, it gave us an opportunity to broaden our communication circle, because of the invention of cell phones and later the Internet. No one could deny the fact that they are crucially necessary nowadays. According to recent research, every second person uses phone and Internet to contact with his friends, family members more frequently than by meeting and talking face to face. This undoubtedly says their time. Another advantage of communicating through the phone calls and Internet is that people are more safe, as they can immediately call someone or the emergency service when feeling that they are in danger or ill. The last important thing is that technology enables people to be in touch, although there is a long distance between them. For example, they can easily use the video chat or messaging.

On the other hand, technology may also have a bad impact on human relationships. As we all noticed, the number of less sociable and passive people is gradually increasing. Undoubtedly, this is the effect of technology, because the more people communicate through the Internet the higher the risk of them losing their social skills and self-confidence when meeting with someone new in the real life. This can be said especially about virtually sociable teenagers, who then turn to be very withdrawn in the real life. Moreover, it is undeniable that, with the invention of the Internet and cell phones, some of the past romanticism of sending letter through the post offices is lost, because this all is now replaced by quick SMS.

To draw the conclusion, it is worth-saying that we should always remember and appreciate the ways we communicated before and not let the technology influence us in negative way.

It is on top list:
http://www.testbig.com/essay-categories/ielts