The pie chart below shows the main reasons why agricultural land becomes less productive The table shows how these causes affected three regions of the world during the 1990s Summarize the information by selecting and reporting the main features and make

The pie chart below shows the main reasons why agricultural land becomes less productive. The table shows how these causes affected three regions of the world during the 1990s.
Summarize the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant.

The pie chart below compares the reasons and their role on the land degradation all over the world in 1990s. Moreover, the table below reveals the information about the decreasing amount of agricultural land in North America, Europe and Oceania. It can be clearly seen that the main reason why the agricultural land becomes less productive is over-grazing in the world.

According to the data described on the pie chart, deforestation is the second cause of worldwide land degradation by 30% followed by 25% for over-cultivation, while over-gazing (35%) is shown as the most important reason for less productivity. Furthermore, there are other causes of the erosion which constitutes total 7% on the list.

When it comes to the regions which suffer land degradation the table illustrates that in North America 0.2% of land degraded by deforestation, 3.3% by over-cultivation, 1.5% by over-grazing while the total amount of degraded land was 5%.However, in Europe most of land becomes less productive for the effects of deforestation (9.8%), followed by over-cultivation (7.7%), over-grazing (5.5%). In Oceania over-grazing as the reason for erosion of land outnumbered deforestation by 11.3% to 1.7% while there was not any land degraded by over-cultivation. The total percentage of land which had become out of use was 13% in Oceania during 1990s.

To sum it up, it can be easily noticed that the total amount of eroded land was the highest in Europe by 23% and the lowest in North America by 5%.

No. of Words: 246 200 (write the essay in 20 minutes)

In the third, you need to 'make comparisons where relevant'