Positive and negative view of nuclear power

These days, most of the countries in the world are using nuclear power energy to fulfill their demand for electricity. Although there are some advantages of nuclear power stations, I would argue that it is better to use natural resources to produce electricity.

There are several benefits to building more nuclear power stations. Firstly, nuclear power is a relatively sustainable energy source, meaning that it can be used to produce electricity without wasting limited natural resources like coal, oil or gas. Secondly, nuclear power stations are cleaner than fossil fuel power stations, and could help to reduce carbon emissions that cause global warming. With improvements in nuclear technology, the risks of accidents are being reduced. As a result, many countries are now considering nuclear power as a solution to high oil and gas prices, increasing demand for electricity, and worries about pollution and climate change.

On the other hand, drawbacks of nuclear power energy cannot be ignored. Firstly, opponents of nuclear power worry about the safety of power stations. For example, recent damage to the Fukushima nuclear power station by tsunami in Japan was a big threat to the whole world. The whole echoes system of Japan near Fukushima is now poisoned. It produces radioactive waste which is harmful to human health. As a result, nobody wants to live near the power station. Secondly, there is currently no way to decontaminate the radioactive material and nuclear waste disposal is a significant problem as there is always risk that terrorists may steal it to use it as the weapon of mass destruction. So, it is safer to produce energy from solar, wind or water power.

In conclusion, I would argue that the disadvantages of nuclear power station outweigh the advantages.

More words wanted for the introduction and conclusion.

Read essays by top users:
http://www.testbig.com/users/sfaht1
http://www.testbig.com/users/tessy-james