Essay topics: Some experts believe that it is better for children to begin learning a foreign language at primary school rather than secondary school.
Do the advantages of this outweigh the disadvantages?
Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your own knowledge and experience.
Write at least 250 words.
Every parent at the current moment has realizing that the competition for a job is increasing significantly, this reason brings the parent to think as best as possible to prepare their children with the best skill to compete for a job. One of the most important skills that should be prepared is the foreign language. Minimum a child must be able to speak a foreign language, because it will be a beneficial skill for him to apply a job in outside his home country in the future. Some experts consider that teaching a foreign language for children since them at primary school is better than start it at secondary school. However, I personally think that this provides the advantages and the disadvantages as well.
Primary school is the place for children to develop their character, as we known that the first duty of a primary school is building character not skills. At this age, the children are still need a lot of time to play and they should use their time at primary school for it. So, they should not study a difficult subject. However, based on my personal experience, studying a foreign language such as English is really pressuring my brain, I have to think and remember hard about the materials.
The children at secondary school are having stronger capacity and mentality to study a harder subject like English. At secondary school, teachers not need to focus on the character building anymore, they could push the student to study on a more difficult subject than in primary school, because, at this age the student have already good brain capacity to study like English subject.
At the end, I can conclude that preparing the children about foreign language skill as soon as possible is a good decision, but we have to look are children ready or not for it. So, teaching foreign language for children at primary school is not a good choice, however, teaching foreign language at secondary school is the best policy.
|Post date||Users||Rates||More about the essay|
|1 day 12 hours ago||WAFA||61||Read full essay|
|1 day 15 hours ago||Arfa_Atta||73||Read full essay|
|4 days 18 hours ago||nhaxquyeen||89||Read full essay|
|1 week 5 days ago||WIWI UMAR||73||Read full essay|
|1 week 6 days ago||Manhar||56||Read full essay|
|2 weeks 12 hours ago||berryabhisheksn||78||Read full essay|
|2 weeks 4 days ago||glglwlgus||56||Read full essay|
|2 weeks 4 days ago||Dolang||56||Read full essay|
|2 weeks 5 days ago||Agni||84||Read full essay|
|3 weeks 22 hours ago||milu_123||84||Read full essay|
- Some people believe that unpaid community service should be a compulsory part of high school programmes (for example working for a charity, improving the neighbourhood or teaching sports for younger children). To what extend do you agree or disagree? (70.3571)
- Some experts believe that it is better for children to begin learning a foreign language at primary school rather than secondary school.Do the advantages of this outweigh the disadvantages?Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples fro (75.2381)
- Some people say that the teaching method with a teacher and students in a classroom will not exist by the year 2050.To what extend do you agree or disagree? (61.25)
- The pie charts below show how dangerous waste products are dealt with in three countries.Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparison where relevant. (78.3333)
- Some people think that strict punishments for driving offences are the key to reducing traffic accidents. Others, however, believe that other measures would be more effective in improving road safety.Discuss both these views and give your own opinion. (85)
- The diagrams below show the site of a school in 2004 and the plan for changes to the school site in 2024.Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant. (61.4286)
- It is important to ensure that children with a wide range of abilities and from a variety of social backgrounds mix with each other at school.To what extend do you agree or disagree? (64.2857)
- The charts below show the proportions of the world's oil resources held in different areas, together with the proportions consumed annually in the same areas.Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons whe (47.7778)
- In many countries today insufficient respect is shown to older people.What do you think may be the reasons for this?What problems might this cause in society? Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your own knowledge or experi (60)
- The graphs below give information about computer ownership as a percentage of the population between 2002 and 2010, and by level of education for the years 2002 and 2010.Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comp (75.7143)