Some people say that the best way to improve public health is by increasing the number of sport facilities. Others, however, say that this would have little effect on public health and that other measures are required. Discuss both these views and give yo

Some people say that the best way to improve public health is by increasing the number of sport facilities. Others, however, say that this would have little effect on public health and that other measures are required. Discuss both these views and give your opinion.

One of the most crucial problems of today’s world is lack of sport facilities, which results in poor fitness. However, some people disagree with this statement, claiming that there is little effect and that other solutions should be found.

Needless to say that nowadays lifestyle is more sedentary and stressful. Consequently, physical activity is no longer part of people’s spare time. Today people prefer being coach potatoes rather than taught sportsmen. So the solution is to offer people sport which would be suitable for all ages. Furthermore, government should build more local sport centers which would not be far from home or work. In addition to that, prices on all sport facilities should not be high in order to make it available for everyone.

However, there may be better ways of solving this problem. For example, people may take pedestrian walks than drive. Moreover, one should note here that government might run up the prices on fast food, tobacco, alcohol and other high-fat food products. Another good solution is to encourage physical activity in work atmosphere. As an example I can take my mother and her colleagues, who often spend weekends out of the city, go camping and riding, in winter the go skiing and skating.

From the example above it can be concluded that there are a lot of ways of improving public health. To draw the conclusion, I strongly believe that focusing only on sport facilities is too narrow and silly. Because people should be encouraged not only to be more physically active but also choose healthy lifestyle in general.