Some people think that strict punishments for driving offences are the key to reducing traffic accidents. Others, however, believe that other measures would be more effective in improving road safety.Discuss both these views and give your own opinion.

Essay topics: Some people think that strict punishments for driving offences are the key to reducing traffic accidents. Others, however, believe that other measures would be more effective in improving road safety.
Discuss both these views and give your own opinion.

Bustanul Arifin's picture

Road safety is a crucial thing that should be concerned by the government. The globalisation development has made a greater progress on transportation sector. There are more people more people nowadays having their own car and causes a lot of traffic accidents. The government has to work hard to handle this issue and makes strict punishment to solve the problem. However, I personally believe that this strict punishment is not the only thing that the government should do, needs other measures to reducing traffic accidents as well.

Strict punishment is a good option for driving offences to minimise the traffic accident. It is very important to apply this regulation to control car drivers for not to drive the car so fast and obey the traffic regulation. The government should give punishment for driving offences to make them will not repeat the violation at other time.

Except applying strict punishments, I think the government has to educate the society about road safety first. Most of drivers in the city are young people, it means that the government should approach them. The education about road safety is really necessary to reduce the accident in traffic. Government has to ensure the awareness of drivers about road safety knowledge.

The last important thing is law enforcement. Applying strict punishment is a good idea, but without doing law enforcement first, everything will be nothing. People will not aware or care about the regulation itself. The authority has to make sure that the law enforcement about traffic is done before giving strict punishments.

At the end, I will conclude that there three steps which needed to reducing traffic accidents. The first step is educate the people about road safety especially young people, next is the authority gives the law enforcement and then applying strict punishments.