Essay topics: The bar chart shows the highest qualification attained by sex for the working age population in Wales in 2001/2002
Summarize the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant.
Write at least 150 words
The graph illustrates the percentage of people of both sexes who are in working age and acquired some degrees in Wales in 2001 and 2002.
To take a look at the first qualification, about a mere 12% of men and a moderate 11% of women have the Degree. The second group of data shows that higher education qualification is gained by 8% and 9% of men and women respectively. Moving onto the GCE A level, 28% of men and 15% of women roughly, achieved this degree. According to the forth group of information, approximately, 19% of men and 29% of women succeeded to get the GSCE grade A-C. Paying attention to other qualifications, about 11% and three quarters of women and men fulfilled these degrees. Finally, it should be noted that one in five of men and 23% of women had no qualifications.
By contrast, women were more successful in achieving some qualifications such as the Higher education qualification and the GCSE grade A-C. In addition the most considerable difference between both sexes was related to the GCE A level degree.
To sum up, the people who had no qualification included more women and in acquiring three degrees men were more successful.
- When a country develops its technology, the traditional skills and ways of life die out. It is pointless to try and keep them alive. To what extent do you agree or disagree with this opinion? (78)
- Many offenders commit more crimes after serving the first punishment. Why is this happening, and what measures can be taken to tackle this problem? (61)
- The chart below shows the amount of money per week spent on fast foods in Britain. The graph shows the trends in consumption of fast foods. (78)
- Popular events like the football World Cup and other international sporting occasions are essential in easing international tensions and releasing patriotic emotions in a safe way.To what extent do you agree or disagree with this opinion? (87)
- Some people believe that the salaries paid to professional sportspeople are too high, while others argue that sports salaries are fair. Discuss both views and give your opinion. (73)
- Recently, there has been a rapid rise in the divorce rate among the young.Discuss the key factors that might increase the rate of divorce in modern society. (84)
- In many countries, the amount of crime is increasing.What do you think are the main causes of crime?How can we deal with those causes? (43.3333)
- Many museums charge for admission while others are free.Do you think the advantages of charging people for admission to museums outweigh the disadvantages? (74.61539999999999)
- The diagrams below show the life cycle of a species of large fish called the salmon.Summarize the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant. (71.5385)
- Countries are becoming more and more similar because people are able to buy the same products anywhere in the world.Do you think this is a positive or negative development? (74.40000000000001)