Essay topics: The chart below shows estimated world illiteracy rates by region and by gender for the year 2000.
The bar graph elucidates the information about the estimated proportion of world illiterates by 6 different regions and by the gender in the year of 2000.
Overall, females are more illiterate than those of males. The people from developing countries such as South Asia, Arab states and Sub-Saharan Africa had the higher illiteracy rates than people from developed countries and Latin America, except East Asia/Oceania.
Almost half of illiterate citizens were from developing regions (Sub-Saharan Africa, South Asia and Arab states) compared to almost 0% illiteracy citizens in developed countries. In detail, the illiteracy rates had approximately of 40%, 41% and 45% for Sub-Saharan Africa, the Arab States and South Asia, with women were more illiterate than the illiterate men in all those regions. By contrast, the illiteracy rate in Latin America/Caribbean and East Asia/Oceania was only approximately 1%, 10% and approximately 14% respectively, for both male and females.
In the developed countries, the proportion of literacy among men and female was almost similar but the differences increased for Asia, Arab states and Africa. Among the given 6 countries, South Asian population were far more illiterate than any other country.
|Post date||Users||Rates||More about the essay|
|1 month 3 weeks ago||Nancy panjeta||78||Read full essay|
|8 months 4 days ago||mary.ssherr||56||Read full essay|
|2 years 6 months ago||Mirze||78||Read full essay|
|2 years 6 months ago||vaibhavpatel||63||Read full essay|
|3 years 2 months ago||prepareielts2016||60||Read full essay|
|3 years 4 months ago||YS89||70||Read full essay|
|3 years 5 months ago||YS89||70||Read full essay|
|3 years 11 months ago||nguyenkhaccuong||70||Read full essay|
- The graph below shows female unemployment rates in each country of the United Kingdom in 2013 and 2014.Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant. (80)
- The diagram below illustrates the carbon cycle in nature. (90)
- The graph below gives information about car ownership in Britain from 1971 to 2007. (70)
- Average hours of unpaid work per week done by people in different categories (70)
- The diagrams below show the site of a school in 2004 and the plan for changes to the school site in 2024. (70)
- the development of a fishing village to the hotel resort (70)
- The figures below show the levels of attendance at the four music events among the English adult population in 2005. (70)
- The maps below show the village of Stokeford in 1930 and 2010. (60)
- The chart below shows estimated world illiteracy rates by region and by gender for the year 2000. (70)
- The chart below gives information about the UK's ageing population in 1985 and makes predictions for 2035.Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant. (70)