Essay topics: The diagrams below show the development of a small fishing village and its surrounding area into a large European tourist resort. Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant.
Given are two maps which illustrate the differences of a fishing village and the environment surrounding in a tourist resort in Europe between a periods of 30 years from 1974 to 2004.
Firstly, it can be seen clearly that the old fishing village has become much larger as the total population rose to 130,000 in 2004, while it was only 12,000 inhabitants in 1974.
As we can seen, there were many new hotels and resorts that have been built along the coast, while the old fishing village was still located in the same area and similar size as its used to be. In 2004, the woodland and olive plants disappeared as theirs turned to be the golf court and the agricultural areas for hotels.
Another thing to mention is that a new road, which connects two residential areas, has been built in 2004. Lastly, the harbor in 1974 has been demolished to be only the beach area for all purposes.
|Post date||Users||Rates||More about the essay|
|7 months 2 weeks ago||Lien Lai meo||78||Read full essay|
|9 months 6 days ago||Dekayz||61||Read full essay|
|9 months 6 days ago||Dekayz||78||Read full essay|
|1 year 1 month ago||Monica1||78||Read full essay|
|2 years 4 months ago||Thaothaii||80||Read full essay|
|4 years 2 months ago||fialka||90||Read full essay|
|4 years 4 months ago||eddysuaib||76.5||Read full essay|
- I have got the IELTS score today. writing 7.5 over all band 7 !!I would like to thank you this site so much!! (74.1176)
- Governments should spend money on railways rather than roads.To what extent do you agree or disagree with this statement?Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your own knowledge or experience. (71)
- The charts below show the proportions of British students at one university in English who were able to speak other languages in addition to English, in 200 and 2010. (68)
- Some people claim that not enough of the waste from homes is recycled. They say that the only way to increase recycling is for governments to make it a legal requirement.To what extent do you think laws are needed to make people recycle more of their wast (63.125)
- Tourism has increasingly so much over the last 50 years that it is having a mainly negative impact on local inhabitants and the environment. However, others claim that it is good for the economy.Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of tourism and give (75)
- Each year, the crime rate increases. What are the causes of crime and what could be done to prevent this rise in criminal activity?Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your own knowledge or experience. (76.66670000000001)
- The first chart below shows how energy is used in an average Australian household. the second chart shows the greenhouse gas emissions which result from this energy use. (67.2727)
- Some people think that all university students should study whatever they like. Others believe that they should only be allowed to study subjects that will be useful in the future, such as those related to science and technology.Discuss both these views a (78)
- It is important for children to learn the different between right and wrong at an early age. Punishment is necessary to help them learn this distinction. To what extent do you agree or disagree with this option?What sort of punishment should parents and t (80)
- All education and health care should be funded by the government and free for everyone. To extent do you agree or disagree with this opinion? (80)