Essay topics: The graph below gives information about car ownership in Britain from 1971 to 2007
The statistical data about Britain's citizen who posses four-wheels vehicle for almost four decade from 1971 is depicted in the presented graph. At first glance, it is immediately apparent that there were two upward trends in the percentage of two or more car owners. While downward trend and stable changed were noted in the proportion of UK’s citizen who did not have any car and only having one car consecutively.
In 1971, almost 50% of family in Britain did not have any cars, while the 44% of them only had one car. In contrast, it was uncommon in Britain’s family to have two or more cars with only about 7% and 2% were recorded respectively into these categories.
After thirty eight years, family with one car was still the most common type until 2007. However, in the same year there were some changes in the data. The level of family with no car decreased dramatically to 25%. On the other hand the rate of family with two cars increased significantly to 26% and overtook the level of no car families. Similarly, the rate of family with three or more cars doubled to 5%.
Overall, the most significant fact to emerge from the given graph is that as time went by, more and more families in Britain possessed cars.
- the line graph shows the number of articles published per year by by male and female UK university professors and the bar chart shows the publications by subject area over the same time frame from four UK universities.Summarize the information by selectin (70)
- Argue either in support of or against the following statements:Fathers are just as capable as mothers of taking care of children, so men should share parenting work more equally with women. (85)
- Discuss when, if ever, capital punishment can be viewed as a valid punishment for crime. (85)
- The diagram below show the site of a school in 2004 and the plan for change to the school site in 2024.Summarize the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparison where relevant (70)
- There are many different types of music in the world today. What do we need music? Is the traditional music of a country more important than the international music that is heard everywhere nowadays? (70)
- The diagrams below show the development of the horse over a period of million years. (85)
- The charts below show the results of a survey of adult education. The first chart shows the reasons why adults decide to study. The pie chart shows how people think the costs of adult education should be shared.Write a report for a university lecturer, de (70)
- Should wealthy nations be required to share their wealth with poorer nations by providing them with things such as food and education? Or is this the responsibility of the governments of poorer nations to look after their citizens? (70)
- The diagram below shows how the Australian Bureau of Meteorology collects up-to-minute information on the weather in order to produce reliable forecasts.Write a report for a university lecturer describing the information shown below. (70)
- The chart shows information about changes in average house prices in five different cities between 1990 and 2002 compared with the average house prices in 1989.Summarise the information bu selecting and reporting the main features,and make comparison wher (60)